How Do I midi a mpc 1000 to an ASR-10?

greatdon8

I want to use the mpc as a master for my drums and sequencing and use the ASR as a slave for my chopping. I have no idea of what to set the midi settings on either the MPC or the ASR. Please help....

I have no clue what you mean. However, I do know that if you want your MPC to trigger sounds from an external midi device, just connect the MIDI OUT on the MPC to the MIDI IN of the device.

I haven't used the MPC in years so I don't know the names, but when you're in the window where you record notes, you can select like the source of what you're recording. Its usually like Bank A-B (I think) and eventually if you keep scrolling, it will goto your MIDI Outs. Scroll to whatever MIDI out your ASR is hooked up to.

Thats all you need for the MPC. I don't have an ASR and have never used one so I don't have a clue how it receives MIDI data, but it should be pretty straightforward. If your sample is already loaded and chopped, you can probably just trigger it with the MPC pads easily.

The only thing you might have to worry about it what notes the MPC is sending. I think that by default the pads are notes that are scattered all over the place, but theres a mode where you can make the a pad middle c (this is probably where the ASR has your first chop) and every pad after that is going up by one note.

Back