How do I link my axiom 25...

got the manual? somewhere in there it tells you how to set the transport buttons...

It does not have it in my old manual for FL7.

So... Does any one know how to do it? Again, I know how to link knobs and pads. If i could link the STOP PLAY and RECORD buttons it would make life much easier.

In programs like Cubase this function works automatically.

3.8.2 Assigning MMC Messages to a Button
MIDI Machine Control messages are used by some devices and software to control transport functions such as Stop, Play and
Record. The Transport controls on your Axiom keyboard can be setup to send MMC messages, however it is important to note,
that not all MIDI devices or software applications respond to MMC messages. Even those that do support MMC often need to be
set up manually to respond to these messages. Please consult the documentation relating to your device or software application
to check this. The MMC message format is a SysEx message, using a single byte to define the message type. The table below lists
the currently defined MMC messages:
Number MMC Command
01 STOP
02 PLAY
03 DEFERRED PLAY
04 FORWARD
05 REWIND
06 RECORD STROBE
07 RECORD EXIT
08 RECORD PAUSE
09 PAUSE
10 EJECT
11 CHASE
12 COMMAND ERROR RESET
13 MMC RESET
To assign the desired MMC message to an assignable button, pad or sustain pedal:
49- and 61-note versions:
< Select the button to edit.
< Press the Ctrl Assign button.
< Type in “149” using the numeric keypad. This is the number that corresponds to the MMC instruction
(Appendix E).
< Press the Chan Assign button. Notice the Dev ID symbol on the LCD display flashes indicating you are entering a
Device ID, not a channel value.
< Type in “127,” using the numeric keypad. This sets the device ID for the SysEx message to 127. (Please see section
3.6.7.2 for more information on Device ID’s.)
< Press the Data 2 button.
< Enter a number from the table above to select the message type.
25-note version:
< Select the button to edit.
< Press the Advanced button
< Press the Ctrl Assign key.
< Type in “149” using the numeric data entry keys.
< Press the Enter key to confirm.
< Press the Advanced button again.
< Press the Chan Assign key. Notice the Dev ID symbol on the LCD display flashes indicating you are entering a
Device ID, not a channel value.
< Type in “127” using the numeric data entry keys.
< Press the Enter key to confirm. This sets the device ID for the SysEx message to 127. (Please see section 3.6.7.2
for more information on Device IDs.)
< Press the Advanced button.
< Press the Data 2 key.
< Enter a number from the table above to select message type.
< Press the Enter key to confirm.

like i said read the manual.....see how fast i got that answer from manual

Mob Zombie said:
How do I link my axiom 25'S play/record buttons to FL8?

Thanks in advance.

This worked for me FL4

1. Activate the desired transport button by pressing it once
2. Hit the "Advanced" button
3. On the keyboard, press the "Ctrl Assign" key (low "C")
4. Using the numbered keys (or keypad if you have a 49 or 61), type in "146" --this puts the button into "MIDI CC (on/off)" mode--and then hit "Enter".
5. Hit "Advanced" again and press the "Data 1" key
6. Type in the CC# number that corresponds to the desired FLStudio transport function, listed below:
REWIND (19)
FORWARD (20)
STOP (21)
PLAY (22)
RECORD (23)
Hit enter when finished.
Data 2 (minimum value) should be 0 and Data 3 (maximum) should be 127, already.
Don't forget to store your settings.
IMPORTANT: the last step is to enable the Axiom as a "Tascam US-428" in FLS.
Please note that The Enigma editor doesn't exactly follow what you see on the Axiom itself. ("Value 1" on the Enigma editor is the high value and "Value 2" is the low value.) When setting up the control from the keyboard, make sure that 146 is the controller number (puts the control into note on/off mode), Data 1 is the CC# that corresponds to the FL function, Data 2 is the low value (zero), and Data 3 is the high value (127). Remember to hit enter when finished.
If you did it right, when you hit one of the transport controls, the Axiom's screen will flash the high value (127) for a brief moment (or however long you hold the button), and will return to zero.

thank you both.

damn i just went through all that and still nothing. i wish it just linked up like it does with other programs.

Last edited:
i thought that video did it for me but still not working. I am doing exactly like he is in the video. i thought this would work but not yet.

Do you know if i need to open the Enigma program within Fl Studio somehow? Or just have it open by it self?

As of right now, opening it by self is not working.

Thanks for all this info that IS NOT IN THE MANUAL.

Ok! That did work, i just needed to restart FL again. Thanks again.

This will really help the work flow.

Last edited:
Back