gen 5 miko vs deck out pchelp me choose

L

locknes2010

i have a roland mv 8800 a digi 003 a novation remote sl 61 and tons of software kontact reason flstudio keystation pro 88 already protools tons of softsynths only thing i was wondering was should i get a 8 core pc 2 tb of hardrive space 12 gb of ram for that price . well im going to audio school. or a entry level miko

Last edited by a moderator:
my pc right now sucks plenty of hardrive space is fine but single core 1.8ghz

I still use a AMD Athlon 3200+ setup with hardware and it works fine....although I don't really use VST's...I use Hardware midi synced. Is your PC slow with your gear or are you having gear lust.

You don't need a Miko. Spend 2 or 3gs on a PC and I BET you any money that **** will be SUPER fast.

If you rely on using a lot of keyboards or VSTs, the Miko is really a no brainer. Its a beast of a machine and consolidates many of the things you commonly use now. If you dont use a lot VSTs/Keyboards its harder to say whether it would be beneficial to you. If I were a PC user i would have copped this a cool minute ago. As a mac user its more complicated for me..

youngjboy said:
I still use a AMD Athlon 3200+ setup with hardware and it works fine....although I don't really use VST's...I use Hardware midi synced. Is your PC slow with your gear or are you having gear lust.
i have the same pc but when i run pro tools with like a plug in in every track and and i use reason as a sound module and the arturia collection of vst my pc is ****en slow reason rewired in pro tools uses up like 60% and i have my **** running on 4 gb of ram

if $ is a big deal go with just a PC and use what you have. The miko is a niiice machine but if you already have a decent setup just expand upon it with a better comp. If you got a miko would you sell any of your current equipment?

locknes2010 I can see how that setup could be slow using a VST on every track rewired, with reason and your arturia collection. I use a Motif, MPC, and Fantom primarily so I just use Cubase as a digital recorder for the most part so I don't have too many problem because I am only tracking out and post processing.

Back