FL freezing

S

seven1

Lately, FL has been freezing if I press to play the song or when I start deleting plugins. It never really seemed to be a problem I think until I started working on another FLP from somebody else's PC.. Has anybody else experienced similar problems? Or know how to resolve the problem?

might be the processing...
i kno i use Fl on my studio computer, which i only use for music, but recently added the program plus plugins to my laptop... (which the processors arent as good as my studio computer)
and sometimes if im working on something, using 3-4 plugins plus other stuff, it freezes up, i hit play and it takes 7-10 seconds to start playing then hit stop and it just gets stuck and replays over and over again.

so check that out....

also open ur task manager window and look at the CPU usage when ur using FL......

Yeh that was my suspicion - too many plugins - but it never really used to be a problem. Strange as it is, I don't encounter any freezing when deleting plugins or playing the song in OLD project files (which if anything, have more plugins) and my PC's CPU usage varies between 5-25% when using it. But when I use it in new files and it freezes it can be like 60%. But I have noticed that in both files i get a Runtime error if i delete more than layer of the plugin 'DSK Brass'. So I've re-downloaded and installed that plugin, but I now notice when I open up a project file it reads at the top bar (below Files, Edit e.t.c) "DSK crashed while processing"..

[UPDATE] FL seems to run perfectly without the plugin - which is odd because it never used to be a problem.. It's incensing though, as I use that plugin frequently, oh well.. thanks for your help

Last edited by a moderator:
aktr2000 said:
might be the processing...
i kno i use Fl on my studio computer, which i only use for music, but recently added the program plus plugins to my laptop... (which the processors arent as good as my studio computer)
and sometimes if im working on something, using 3-4 plugins plus other stuff, it freezes up, i hit play and it takes 7-10 seconds to start playing then hit stop and it just gets stuck and replays over and over again.

Damn, what are the specs of your laptop? :bigeyes:

shi aint really look....its really my wife's.....lol

its a acer aspire 5100, amd turion 64.... no dual processors

one joint i was woring on, i transfer the sounds and everything to the laptop so that i can work on it at work during downtime.....

soon as i load the shi* the cpu jumps from 5-10% range to 100%............

i gave up on trying to work on that track...lol

Last edited:
I use to have the same problem with fl studio , i just used to just close the program and open it again....it used to freeze if like i was configuring a setting or went to answer my phone .

Back