Thread: Controllers: Reason

MegaloDeez is offline Registered User

Controllers: Reason

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just sold my controllers.
    M-Audio KeyRig 49
    Akai MPD18
    Numark Mixtrack

Im using Reason and the reason I sold everything was to upgrade to a controller more control. Not really trying to replace the Mixtrack (not my thing) but the keyboard and drum surface. I was thinking the MPK49 or MAudio AXiom or a novation....

Im debating if i need the drumpads at all which got me thinking about the M Audio Oxygen 49. I guess I really want the sliders and knobs for mixing and automation.

What are you guys using for controlling your DAWs and what would you recommend from experience?

CPhoenix is offline CharlesAllen/ BMR Studios
    You might wind up missing the drum pads. They bring that hands-on feel you don't really get w/ keys. Yeah... technically you can do the same w/ keys that you would w/ the drum pads, but I believe that look & feel matter too. Sometimes you need an instrument that will help you "get into" it.

Haven't owned an MPK, but they look like a great choice w/ they have everything you're looking for in one package.

Yea CP thats what I was thinking...still leaning toward the MPK....what do you use?

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    The drum pads are nice to have but I would worry more about the control banks that you will not have on the oxygen I believe but the MPK has 2 of them. I think the Axioms have 2 also but I forget.

Yea X thanks for chiming in....I think I'm gonna stay true and fux with the MPK....I was looking at the either the gen 2 Axiom or the Hyperkontrol but the latter is like $500....I think for the $350 the MPK is the best value.

CPhoenix is offline CharlesAllen/ BMR Studios
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaloDeez View Post
    Yea CP thats what I was thinking...still leaning toward the MPK....what do you use?
    I use the MPD18 along w/ a Keystation Pro 88 and a Radium 49. I have no idea how I used to get into my drums before my MPD lol. The feel really matters to me.

Yea the MPD is cool, but space wise for me, i couldnt really use it effective, thats why I sold it. I need everything on one surface, like the MPK or Axiom

JGuccI is offline I'm better then u!
    i use reason 5 with my MPK61 n i love it

JGucci, have you upgraded your MPK pads (Akai MPK 49 Spare Parts from MPCstuff.com) and have you had any problems with your keys breaking? Just ordered a MPK49 and I was wondering

---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

JGucci, have you upgraded your MPK pads (Akai MPK 49 Spare Parts from MPCstuff.com) and have you had any problems with your keys breaking? Just ordered a MPK49 and I was wondering

JGuccI is offline I'm better then u!
    no i didnt up upgrade the pads didnt know u could do that ill check it. no thekeys have never broken n everything seems real tuff. i had it upside in moving boxes on it n its still str8

Thread Information