Controling VST/AU with midi controler?

dillonraphael

Im going to try and explain this as much as possible. Ok, one thing I hate about using AU/VST is the fact I have to use my mouse to edit the sounds with the LFO nobs etc... I have an axiom but I hate having to edit the controls every time I open logic, its even annoying the first time you do it. I was wondering if there is any hardware you can buy that will be able to work with VSTs and Audio Units? Any help? I remember hearing something like this that was going for 200 dollars, but i cant remember.....

yes, there is hardware that can control plugins. the axiom is one of them. you should learn to program the axiom via the enigma software so you don't have program Logic evertime you open it. OR, you could program Logic and then save it as a template so you don't have to do it everytime you open Logic. welcome to the world of pro audio. you're gonna have to hunker down and program something somewhere along the way if you want stuff to work how you want it to work. look into novation products, they have something called automap which does just that, automatically maps the controller to the software. but honestly, if you don't learn to program your own stuff, you'll be stuck with presets and stuff that don't do exactly what you want. so program the axiom to your liking, program Logic and save it as a template, or spend the money on some novation products that support Automap. the key to programming the axiom using the enigma software, is to use the text view, not the graphic view with the picture of the keyboard on it. plus, there are templates in enigma that you can drag n drop on the banks. read up on it if you have questions.
LevLove

dillonraphael said:
one thing I hate about using AU/VST is the fact I have to use my mouse to edit the sounds with the LFO nobs etc...

Yeah, that's one of my biggest beefs. The Pro-audio companies have yet to merge software and hardware seamlessly. For now, everything can be compatible, but you have to sit down a few hours and program all the midi links ... Worse, saving those midi links so that they function for each and every new song you make is difficult to accomplish.

I want more developments on this side of music production.

Last edited:
Back