Best Keyboard/Digital Piano for beginner?

Aerion

Hi there!

A friend of mine is learning piano, and looking into buying a keyboard/digital piano with-in the price range of $550-650.
I'm not on expert on these things, and neither is he, so I thought I'd see if I could get some recommendations.
:)

I know he doesn't want one with many little features, he just wants a good quality piano pretty much.
I also know he wants semi-weighted keys, as he hates the feeling of plastic keys.
And he also wants something with around 72-88 keys.

$550-650 is his price-range, but he has mentioned he's willing to go a little above that if it's worth it.

If you could recommend any good keyboards/pianos, we'd both appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Aerion

It's a lot smaller than what you're looking for, but I'm very happy with my Akai mpk mini. It's portable which serves my needs great, as I can travel with it without any major hassles. I picked mine up for like $100 aud, I think there is a newer version which is about to be released though. the older version comes with drum pads/fx knobs, but the newer one has pitch bend and modulation which is handy.

Theres no reason to spend that much. Any full size keyboard(88 keys) with weighted keys will get the job done. For about 200 usd he can get an maudio key station 88. That has semi weighted keys. I have the smaller(61 key) model and love it.

Last edited:
Hi there!

A friend of mine is learning piano, and looking into buying a keyboard/digital piano with-in the price range of $550-650.
I'm not on expert on these things, and neither is he, so I thought I'd see if I could get some recommendations.
:)

I know he doesn't want one with many little features, he just wants a good quality piano pretty much.
I also know he wants semi-weighted keys, as he hates the feeling of plastic keys.
And he also wants something with around 72-88 keys.

$550-650 is his price-range, but he has mentioned he's willing to go a little above that if it's worth it.

If you could recommend any good keyboards/pianos, we'd both appreciate it.

Thanks!
-Aerion

A fantastic option in that price range is the [h=1]Yamaha P Series P105B[/h]

Anything by Yamaha, really, is good -- but I've played this one in a Guitar Center in my city, and it felt great.

Great keys, built-in speakers with great sounds, and you can hook it up to your computer for use with a DAW if you want.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Back