Anyone here has the Korg PadKONTROL? Question

Kalash47

Right, so I just got me a second hand PadKontrol and it has a drum roll function, sort of like the note repeat on the MPC but you use a X-Y pad to control the roll. Problem is that when I do a roll, it doesn't come out smooth and linear but interupted and seems to have a rythm of its own. How do I set it do nice smooth rolls instead of interupted ones? I looked in the manual but I still don't know. Had the same problem with my MPD 18 too.

kinda weird reading this, own both of those.
I'm not sure what you did but the touchpad works correctly for me, did you hold the pad while swishing the x/y?

Nah, even when I hold my finger still on the X-Y, it still does that. I dunno. I use it with the FPC in FL Studio btw.

I used to use that too and did not experience that issue though. The swishscreen worked like it should, even in fl studio :/
Then again I didn't use the "native" mode on the pk I use the out the box regular configured pk on kong/impact.
I can suggest that maybe you've added something to the fpc to make notes do that?
You know what could've led to it?

Last edited:
Well it was used before I bought it, so I don't know of any changes the guy I got it from did to it. Any way of resetting everything to default?

All I do when I open FPC is empty the default sounds and add other sounds from the FL's library. Then I map it to my controller.

Maybe it's just broken? Idk, but my MPD (wich was brand new when I got it) does this too, and I doubt that's broken too.

Last edited:
The padkontrol, It has a settings button that allows you to edit everything.
Native mode is when you can move the daw with the controller, if it's not set to generic device it's in native mode.
set it to generic device it goes back to normal. Was also able to replicate that thing you said, but could only achieve the unsmooth note repeat by letting my fings off and treating the touch pad as buttons. Release velocity button

Back