Any Roland JD-990 users?

Hi all,

Just copped a Roland JD-990 synth (with the vintage board and a few rom cards) and must say that I am throughly impressed by the depth and fatness of the sounds that this digital synth produces. Any other users on here that have (or had) the JD-990 (or the JD-800)?

My only gripe with the module, which is totally due to my own lack of understanding, is that manipulating the sounds is proving difficult as I still have not got it to midi with my ASR10 so that I can use the manipulation controls (midi sysex is new to me). Any tips?

Thanks for the link. I have also found another forum entry: ****://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?p=19658131#post19658131 (I cannot post links so replace "****" with "http"). It has good info and patches etc for the JD800 and 990 - alot of pages to waft through however!

A JD-990 with the "vin synth" card? That's the sh!t...

I got a JV-1080 with the Vintage Synth card but it's not the same. The JD-990 dose something special with that card that the JV's can't do...

I agree - the vintage card is the sh!t! Before I purchased the JD-990 I was actually going to pick up the JV-1080... but I spotted the JD-990 in the dudes studio and ended up purchasing that!

I'm currently reading up on midi sysex so that I can get the ASR10 to also control filters etc on the JD-990 without me having to move away from the ASR to change setting on the JD!

Back