Akai MPK49 or Akai MPD32 + another usb keyboard?

What's your suggestion?

• Go with MPK49

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get the MPD32 and another keyboard controler (please suggest a good one)

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Knock

I recently moved to another country and of course I had to leave most of my equipment there. Not that it was something to cry about, I had the cheapest possible M-Audio Keystation 49e (velocity sensitivity was not too good, it was really hard to get anything else except the 127 velocity, among other issues) and Korg padKontrol (didn't like it too much, just two knobs, no faders, can't synchronize roll with tempo, no transport controls etc). Now I'm ready to buy some other equipment here.

Since I would like to have both keys (at least 49 keys) and pads, Akai MPK49 seemed like an obvious choice. I did a little research and found out a lots of user complaining on the quality and feel of pads. So I'm not really sure any more. I use pads for drums and triggering samples, so I really need them, don't like using keys for that.

So the next option would be MPD32 plus another keyboard controler, something not too expensive and good, I mean with nice value for money?

Any toughts or suggestions? Appreciate any help guys.

Thanks.

I had a MPK 49.

The pads SUCK compared to MPC pads.
So don't buy one and think that the pads are anywhere near as responsive or "squishy" as MPC 2000/2500/5000 pads.

I sold my MPK a few months after I bought it.

You can get a cheap midi keyboard and the MPD. Dont no bout the MPD32 but I have the MPD24 & its a beautiful thang.

Back