Speaker suggestions?

odinnshred

Wireless Wizard!
Hey everyone, I'm taking a break from my ridiculously busy university schedule to ask for some advice.

What monitor system would you suggest for producing over a wide range of genres (Chillout, EDM, Metal, Film music and pretty much everything else)? This will be part of my mega-splash where I get my computer made, desk, new keyboards, mics, interface etc. I'd just like to know what speakers you'd recommend. I can probably go up to £500 but under £300 would be good if the speakers are still great quality; I wouldn't want to buy something O.K just to have to upgrade later on. I'd rather splash out more.

I heard that Genelec are good for a faithful, flat-response. What do you think?

Also, for production would you advice a subwoofer to go with the pair? (I've been relying on my flat-response headphones for too long :P)

Please just leave advice and things to consider, I'll appreciate it greatly :D

He doesn't rank them but he goes over a lot of brands.

I'll let the other cats offer their preference. I rock the hs50s with the sub, but I know there are more options and preferences.

Krk Rokits are pretty good if you want to produce edm. ive had them for about 1 year now and they always give good response. if you go for the 5' model they are like $300 not sure what that in is pound

Back