Sooooooooooooooo whos getting the Studio?

-/-

Just curious as to whose throwing down for this piece? Also theres a pretty big debate at hand whether its sort of just a gimmick to be paying for two mini iPhone screens. Im happy with my Mikro MK2...but definitely gonna consider upgrading in the future, maybe when the next iteration of Maschine drops.

theres a pretty big debate at hand whether its sort of just a gimmick to be paying for two mini iPhone screens.

And a jog wheel
And a level meter with dedicated volume knob
And more MIDI I/O
And more dedicated function buttons

I promise you that the new Mixer functionality is going to be a PITA on the current hardware vs the Studio hardware. ;)

However, as cool as I think the Studio is, I'm keeping my MK2. I might not even upgrade to 2.0 -- 1.8.2 works pretty well for me.

-Ki
Salem Beats

Last edited:
Been saving up for the mikro mk2. Saw the preview for the studio and yes the studio looks beast, but I'm still gonna grab the mikro. That's all I need for my studio setup

Hows the ren? I always looked at MPC's as the godfather of Drum machines. Now that I actually own one I see why people use it. So much better than clicking in drum patterns in Fruity Loops. Plus Note repeat is phenominal for trap Hihats

I love my Ren, it does everything I need it to and more... But I think they are going to have to step it up now though with the studio coming out...

I can get pretty stuck in my ways I'll probably just stick with mk2 for a while, wait it out to see if there are any issues. Probably stick with 1.8.2 too since it does what I want

And a jog wheel
And a level meter with dedicated volume knob
And more MIDI I/O
And more dedicated function buttons

I promise you that the new Mixer functionality is going to be a PITA on the current hardware vs the Studio hardware. ;)

However, as cool as I think the Studio is, I'm keeping my MK2. I might not even upgrade to 2.0 -- 1.8.2 works pretty well for me.

-Ki
Salem Beats

You really think the mixer is going to be a pain? Cause of a lack of dedicated knobs or the color screens? I would just use my desktop monitor, but It will all depends on how NI implemented it for those without the Studio hardware.

Are there any MAJOR differences with the MK1 and MKII?
I still LOVE Akai and have been a loyal user for a long time but it might be time for me to switch over to
something new.
It has nothing to do with the hardware and i really don't like N.I's Maschine software but the thing i do really
like about N.I. is that they listen to their customers.
I like the Ren but there are some limitations with the software and interface that throw me off.
The Studio might be a little better but again the limitations are a turn-off and i actually have the Element
but they completely dropped the ball with the Essentials software.

Peace

You really think the mixer is going to be a pain? Cause of a lack of dedicated knobs or the color screens? I would just use my desktop monitor, but It will all depends on how NI implemented it for those without the Studio hardware.

I'm wondering whether Mk2 users could control the 2.0 mixer with another midi control surface (nanokontrol/ZeroSL/BCF) ?

I've done a little research and asked a few questions elsewhere... The 2.0 mixer unfortunately does not integrate with the old hardware (Mk2 in my case) and has to be accessed through the software. Apparently, MIDI-Mapping is also not doable for the mixer functions, kind of odd considering that most of the other functions are MIDI mappable; but unsurprising considering it'd mean existing Mk2 owners would just be able to upgrade software and add an extra control surface for a fraction of the 'Studio' list price... Maybe an update will come in time...

Everything NI makes can lick my balls. All I need is my computer, headphones and my mouse. They --just like every other company out there-- are trying to make money on plugins and redundant hardware. NI used to be a great company but just like Apple computer, they don't have any real good ideas right now.

Last edited:
Back