Should I buy a Mackie Onyx 1620i, used, for like real cheap?

el Nacho

Hey everyone. First post here ... hope this is the right spot to mumble my post.

I just stumbled upon the mentioned device and realized, that this is exactly what I need! Now, I know, folks like us tend to make ourself think we NEED it, but in this case: really!

If you don't know what it can do you should check it out. A brilliant way to use digital devices or effect alongside your hardware. As far as I understand, every channel acts like an analog channel but with the push of a button it gets routed via firewire into your DAW of choice. This is brilliant!

Now, what I want to talk about is if buying such a device second hand is a good idea. A dude living close to my place sells it for like half the price (480€ around here, dunno about dollars). I can come and test it, its supposed to work fine. There is one dent which I don't mind and which is not in a critical place. There will be no warranty.

I know that Mackie stuff is supposed to be decent, but can I trust such a thing? Is Mackie that rock solid? Does anyone have some experience with their support?

Back