Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on Native instruments Maschine 1.6

DVRDCT is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Your thoughts on Native instruments Maschine 1.6

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi

I'm a person who has been experimenting and working with producers for a couple of years, but I am completely new to the music production side of thing. I have several friends who have purchased the MASCHINE stand alone production unit, I really like the unit however I would like to know if there is something out there or coming in the near months that is going to be easier or efficient in terms of a stand alone production unit. I know there are other things like the MPC 2000 etc and using MIDI keyboards with fruity loops is also another option however the convenience of having an interface and production source all in one really sells me. Opinions please. Thanks.

Nicro is offline Registered User
    Thanks

ForWerd is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    It's a very efficient setup. You can get things done quickly and you can also sequence external samplers via MIDI.

bandersong is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Maschine is the BEST set up available right now for a producer to make the first "cut" of your music. You still need a daw to finish the track, lay down on a timeline, etc. But Maschine is the absolute best right now. No lie, go buy that shit right now, you'll be happy as hell ( I started on a Maschine too)

Mayhem1914 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Get a Maschine. It does everything! It uses Plugins and basically you can Mix and Master on it if you want too. Plus its coming out with an update 1.7 in sept. It with have timestretch and everything else that other MPC does. Also its Midi where you can get any sound you want and you don't need a midi keyboard because it has a keyboard mode on it too. I did alot of research and this will give you the best quality for less money. I suggest to buy pro-tools to dump your workload in so you can send it to everyone because its the industry standard. Easy decision!!!!

saintjoe is offline SoundsAndGear.com
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem1914 View Post
    Plus its coming out with an update 1.7 in sept. It with have timestretch and everything else that other MPC does.
    FYI maschine 1.7 will not have timestretch, NI never stated that it would.

and yes...it's dope.
    SoundsAndGear.com
    Maschine Tutorial - exclusive tutorial site for NI Maschine

Mayhem1914 is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Oh my bad. I know i was reading blogs and they it would have it but you probably know more since you deal with NI. But either way its still great to have the maschine

thunderkyss is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I've been looking at Maschine.... & thought about pulling the trigger.

But I'm not sold.

It is not stand-alone, far from it. You would still need a laptop, plus an audio interface, then you really want to get Maschine Komplete where you get all of the NI VSTinstruments.

The MV-8800 or the mpc 4000/5000 are more stand alone. You don't need a computer at all. Sequencer is built in, sounds are built in, sampler is built in.

The maschine is dope, if you want the benefits of a computer, with the benefits of hardware.

But if you want to get away from the computer thing.... which is what I want. I want to get my pre-production stuff done with out the computer. When I get 20 or so song ideas together, then I'll fire up the computer & work it all out.

I'm looking at getting like an MPC2000 off eBay.. their pretty cheap.

saintjoe is offline SoundsAndGear.com
    Thanks
    maschine is certainly not the tool to get if you want a standalone piece of equipment.
    SoundsAndGear.com
    Maschine Tutorial - exclusive tutorial site for NI Maschine

G-Macari Yall is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I to have been torn between getting a maschine or the mpc2000xl (off ebay) i've been using fl studio for the past 10 years and ive been lookin for a more vintage sound, i like the maschine but my only question is what do the mpc stock drums sound like? do i need to just import all my drums into it or what? thats why i never got into the hardware drum machine world cause there is nobody around me with one

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information