''WONDER''T.I Producers,The guy who made ''What You Know'' Makes A BEAT

*Am I the only person who thought:

1. The beat wasn't very sick.
2. Nothing this guy was doing was very complicated...

*I don't care if it sounds like hatin' - I'll make some FL vids and put homeboy to shame. I know a lot of us on this board could eat that dude.

KnockOut said:
*Am I the only person who thought:

2. Nothing this guy was doing was very complicated...

*I don't care if it sounds like hatin' - I'll make some FL vids and put homeboy to shame. I know a lot of us on this board could eat that dude.
2. Nothing this guy was doing was very complicated

it does not have to be hot to you nor very complicated it just haves to feel good and be the template for the artist to be use if you feel your better than him then shut up, make some heat , get your hustle on , and keep your mouth close ,repeat those steps/tips intill you 1.die 2.give up your music career/hobby

Last edited:
Wow...

*LoL. Thanks for stating the obvious BXDiplomat... "It doesn't have to be hot to you nor very complicated..." Those are some wise words there buddy. (Kidding.) Are you forgetting that beats like "LAFFY TAFFY" have been burned into all of our brains by the radio - a prime example of what you're refering to. I guess I just find it funny that you replied to say, "shut up jerk! That beat can be used!"

*I'm more or less raising my hand to say, "uhhh - guys... that beat wasn't that great, and his keyboard playing wasn't worth filming." You need to raise the bar man - not limbo the same hieght over and over. QUOTE THAT.

:victory:
KnockOut said:
*LoL. Thanks for stating the obvious BXDiplomat... "It doesn't have to be hot to you nor very complicated..." Those are some wise words there buddy. (Kidding.) Are you forgetting that beats like "LAFFY TAFFY" have been burned into all of our brains by the radio - a prime example of what you're refering to. I guess I just find it funny that you replied to say, "shut up jerk! That beat can be used!"

*I'm more or less raising my hand to say, "uhhh - guys... that beat wasn't that great, and his keyboard playing wasn't worth filming." You need to raise the bar man - not limbo the same hieght over and over. QUOTE THAT.

KnockOut said:

If the music's proper, who honestly cares how it's made? I make my instrumentals 100% from scratch - (every instrument, every drum loop,) - and in my opinion, that's the only piece of information worth typing. One man can bang on cans he found on the side of the street while another man buys the most expensive drumset in the world. If the 'can-man' has more rythm than our friend with the drumset - than I'm tipping my hat to the man on the cans...

you said it the best yourself in your Additional Information

Last edited:
i like the beat(no it wasnt hot)but itwas sumthin a lil different and i actually think he made the beat right there on the spot unlike sum other beat making videos.

This video is weak... Now I'm not doubting tha man got talent ya know.. and I think others have said it best (knockout) Raise tha bar.. an don't make excuses for not making the beat completely or getting it exactly on.(He did at 3:48 minutes into the video..). set up your step recording or since your are recording in real-time USE your midi Quantize..

*Hey - anybody who loves the music they're making has EVERY RIGHT to have fun rockin' out. I never said that this guy should QUIT making music altogether... I was simply stating that IF IN FACT this man made "whatchu know about that," - the beat he's working on in this vid is nothing more than decent.

bigbabyjesus said:
i like the beat(no it wasnt hot)but itwas sumthin a lil different and i actually think he made the beat right there on the spot unlike sum other beat making videos.
Agreed. Them other dudes who do videos always seem to have their record ready for sampling or sounds already loaded up. In my opinion the beat was slamming. It wasn't radio material but I can just envision a chino xl rippin' that sh*t apart. The thing that impressed me the most was that homeboy just pulled out his equip. and in an awkward position placed his keyboard on his lab and banged out that beat! I'm sure many of us here can relate, droppin' beats comes natural for a dude like that. Much props......

Back