Will this set up work?

Nicro

Ok so I am wanting to get an MPC 2000xl and stop using my computer for my music. I'm sorry if some of these questions seem dumb but I have never used hardware. But if I get the MP I can have it hooked to my turntable as I do sample based work. So I was thinking I'd get a Tascam Dp-02 8 track to record. But here is my questions:

1. Will I be able to hook up the MPC to the Tascam?
2. Will I need to use my pre amp(its a ART USB Phono PLus Preamp V2) for the turntable if I have the DP 02
3.From what I understand I can mix on the Tascam but will it be good? Basically should I get a mixer or will the options on the Tascam be good enough to produce a good mix.

w w w tascam com / products / dp-02.html

^^^ Link to the recorder(just take out spaces) thanks guys

You can sample from your turntable, and if you got a mixer already, just use that. If not a pre-amp, then even a stereo reciever will work and then just go out of the headphone jack to the Mpc. The mpc has 2 1/4" inputs and an spdif input as well, there are a variety of ways that you can sample with it. Well actually theres only two, I should say there are a variety of devices that you can sample from using those input methods.

I can't speak to the effectiveness or usefulness of the tascam unit as I am using an M-Audio delta 66 that I got for 50$ NIB and for a keyboard, mpc, and turntables it works perfectly.

I understand how I can sample with my MPC what I wanna know is if I hook my turntable to my pre amp then to my MPC which I would then connect to the DP 02 could I then be able to record my songs. Because from what I understand I can make a beat in the MP but then need to record it externally. So I'm just making sure I'll be able to make my tracks. And also if anyone could give me there opinion on whether a mixer is really needed

Well looking at the dp-02 it looks like it has a stereo in, which the xl has a stereo out so you are all set there I guess, thats really all you need. Good luck with that, I imagine it will work well!

Alright man, how I would set that up is turntable to either a dj mixer, which can be super cheap if all youre looking for is basic controls and a pre-amp or to a stereo reciever. From either of those, do out (you can either do headphone out to stereo in or line out to stereo in, radioshack is your friend) to your input on your mpc. Then, the stereo outs on your mpc to the 2 inputs on your 02. Also, if I were you, I would hook up midi out on the 02 to midi in on the mpc, but make sure to set your bpm on your mpc to internal. That way, when you record and do punch ins, your syncing up the machines will be a automatic. then line out on the 02 to your stereo reciever, and blao. there you go. That will work just fine.

Back