Clarinet
Oboe
Monster MIDI cables (two)
HOSA 1/4" cables (four)
Monster XLR cables (two)
TASCAM CC222MKII CD/Cassette Recorder Combo
Blue Kiwi Microphone
PreSonus TUBEPre Microphone Preamp

Is use a combination of several hardware synthesizers and a couple of samplers.

I could say I use anything except a computers. I HATE computers to make music.

Akai AX 60 and AX 80 for making analog rough sounds. Pads and some synth leads are done with the AKAIS

Roland MC 909 to make rythmical loops, and groovy samples.

Yamaha SY 99 to make FM sounds, weird panning effects, some effect noises

Roland SP 808ex to sample while playing. SP808ex has 1 hour of sample capability, so I use it to samnple while I'm playing. Loop sampling is done with the SP808. I also add COSM effects to the samples, and I record a lot from TV, radio, and microphone. Any kind of stuff.

Roland JUNO 106> I use it for basses, and sometimes, I play a couple of noises from it. Basses of the Roland JUNO are the best.

EMU command stations: they are used for a lot of drums. Percussions, like tambourines, cowbells and some congas come from the EMU XL7 and MP7.

ROland JP8080: I use to create advance, weird techno sounds. Some leads,, basslines, and speciallly the kick comes from the JP 8080. I also process sounds from other synths thru the JP 8080 inputs.

Sometimes, I connect all the synthesizers with MIDI, using as the MASTER synth the command station, to syncronize all the equipment. Start to jam, and sample everything with the SP 808...

MPC 1000
microKorg
Fostex PM-05 monitors
Technics 1200

Planning to buy:
Roland Fantom XR sound module
Numark PT-01

Also trying to use Reason as a sound module for the MPC... Just gotta find a way to render the sound from Reason when I am midisyncing

Mpc 1000
Korg triton le 61
Mackie 1202 VLZ mixer
Denon DNS-1000s
Stanton SMX-211 mixer
Delta 44
Cubase sx3
KRK rp5 Rokit Monitors
numark 1650
5 -6 crates of records

Last edited by a moderator:
MPC1k
ASR 10
Lots of vinyl
Emu MK-6 w/ X-Lead expansion rom
Acid Pro 5 (Mixing only)

nickp said:
Akai EWI-4000S Electronic Wind Controller
Clarinet
Oboe
Monster MIDI cables (two)
HOSA 1/4" cables (four)
Monster XLR cables (two)
TASCAM CC222MKII CD/Cassette Recorder Combo
Blue Kiwi Microphone
PreSonus TUBEPre Microphone Preamp

Please tell me you program your drums with the wind controller.

First thing I use is inspiration and love of music, follow by creativity.
Then the equipment:
MPC1000
Numark PT-01
Vinyl collection
Cubase

Current set-up (i am about to thin down as it is too much to keep track of at times)

THE GROOVES
Emu MP-7 (w/ XL-1 and world expedition roms) as main work horse
Korg electribes (ER / EM)
Quasimidi Rave-o-lution 309

THE SYNTHS
Korg ms2000r
Novation A-Station
Oberheim Matrix-6
Kawai K-3
Electribe EA

THE MIX
Mackie 1202
Behringer MDX 1400 Autocom (compressor)
Lexicon Vortex (crazy delay thing)

Planning on getting a new sampler to remove the electribes / matrix-6 and k-3 from the rig while still retaining the useful bits they contain. as well as upgrading the mixer and adding a roland rc-50 loop station. This is all for live performance. one of these years i'll get around to hooking my layla back up and recording something. proobably not though :)

Mpc 2500
Pro Tools 6.9
Em U Mo Phat
Over 3,000 Vinyl Records

Street Vinyl Music

Fl Studio 6 xxl reason 3.0 ableton live 5.2 m-audio trigger finger m-audio fast track usb 100's of vst plugins the most important are trilogy hypersonic 2 and my mini moog plugin fav drum kits used 808's (u kno it)

TNS said:
Mpc 2500
Pro Tools 6.9
Em U Mo Phat
Over 3,000 Vinyl Records

Street Vinyl Music

TNS u might be able to help a brotha- Im using the mpc 1000, emu mophat mp-7, pro tools7, and vinyl too. now Im stuck on the cut n paste technique in pro tools 7. my beat ends up being off everytime I try and cut n paste it.it seems as if its hard to match up the 8 bars in pro tools with the 8 bars on my sequencer to stretch it out. how do u
do yours.:confused:

http://www.soundclick.com/thadrummerboi

Last edited:
Back