What do you use to make your beats?

T

Teardrop

Hello, i use Reason 3.0, and im so happy with it, the manuals helped me allot. The ease and the big sounds helps me allot, so, post a link with your music and tell me what software you use mainly to make your music.

I use:

Reason 3.0 (Making the heat)
+
FL Studio 6 (The cheap version, not producer, not XXL, cant afford)
I only use FL these days to export to MP3 because Reason can't :(

Im thinking about if i could use some other software but i honestly think its too hard to learn and it costs me too much...

My Music:
www.soundclick.com/ciscopoplockcapone

Tell me what you use..

Enjoy FruityLoops and Reason. Between those two you have a serious arsenal of sound making power. I would just suggest that you concentrate on your mixing skills and you can get some free VST fx for helping with that.

Peace.

I've been using reason since 2.0

But about a year ago i switched it up
I had a mpc 1k, an em-u planet phatt and protools. I didn't really sample much before that. It was a great teaching tool. It taught me how to chop, that was a big thing. But it also taught me how to use swing, something i didn't really pay attention to. That and how much better drums can sound. Even though people say a 1k sounds a bit stale compared to older models, unprocessed drums through a 1k sound 10x better than unprocessed drums from reason.

Anyway, i dropped the mpc, my planet phatt is collecting dust. It was too limiting. So right now i'm using reason 3.0, recycle, acid, soundforge. But, my mpc taught me alot, i'd recommend getting your hands on one if you can. And if you buy used, you can get your money back usually, i even made some.

fantom x6 , numark 1650, lexicon interface and acid 5

Current Setup :

Sequencer/Beatmaker :
FL Studio 6.1 XXL
SONAR 5

Xtra Sounds :
Korg Triton Rack
AKAI MPC 2000XL(Drums ripped, rendered to .wav and ran thru FL)
Reason 3.0 Rewired thru FL
Tons of Loops chopped to the point they're not recognized(royalty free samples)

Plug ins :
Steinberg Hypersonic 2
Cakewalk TTS-1(incl w/SONAR)
NI Kompakt
Muon Tau Pro
EWQLSO Gold Pro
Pentagon I(incl w/SONAR)
PSynII(incl w/SONAR)
All FL insts.

Tons of Freeware

FX:
FL Studio FX
SONAR FX
Waves L3 Multimaximizer

And proud to say I paid for it all. Some were bought by people I worked with for me, but I own legal registered copies of it all.

Last edited:
fl6 proder edition
audactiy
free vsts

i havent invested a single dollar in this at all yet, i got Fl for free. but im about to buy a kurzweil k2500, turntable, and some Emu sound modules.

wwwmyspace.com/combustableproduction
www.soundclick.com/combustable

mv-8000, reason 3.0, emu racks, vinyl and next month i'm getting the ms 2000 and the fantom XR with a couple of expansion boards

MPC2000 and Emu PK-6. Finna cop an mpc1000 and another sound module soon.

Roland MV-8000, Recycle, DigiRack002, Pro Tools LE, Pioneer CDJ800, 8GB of chopped up samples & drum kits (saved from my old MPCs and a bunch of kits off the internet), ton of plugins... final 2 track mix done in Peak 5.0.

MPC 2000xl
Reason 2.5 (I got 3 but my computer cant handle it!)
Stanton t.50
Adobe Audition
and a **** load of records.

mv 8000
Motif es
nord lead 2x rack
motu 828
cubase sx3

Last edited by a moderator:
I had Reason and those 20 Sonic Gold refills, and a M-audio keystation 49e midi keyboard. But recently I went back to my MPC 1000, I found out that the hardware workflow were just better for me :) So now I have MPC 1k, microKorg, Fostex PM-05 active monitors, 2x Technics 1200 turntable, and a ****ty pc. I also have a lot of drum libraries, almost drowning in them, don't now what to use or not to use, because I'll never have the time to listen through them all :p I have also a lot of records. Thinking about selling the Technics 1200's and buying a Numark PT-01 instead. I also want a Roland Fantom XR module :/

Korg Karma
EMU MP-7 Command Station
Roland Fantom XR
Cubase LE

I have some other gear, but this is what i primarily use to make my tracks.

ibook g4
yamaha mo6
microkontrol
mbox1
pro tools le 7.1
reason 3
m-audio bx5s

Cornin cookware pots & Pans, a triangle, a cowbell, two silver spoons, a hot comb and a snorkle. I got that heat!!!!!

Gee-Whiz said:
Cornin cookware pots & Pans, a triangle, a cowbell, two silver spoons, a hot comb and a snorkle. I got that heat!!!!!

man you forgot the popcorn kernals!! j/jk

Korg Triton Studio
PDX 2000 Decks
SHURE M447
RANE TTM56 Mixer
Makie 1202 Mixer
Pro Tools Mbox 2 Pro
Ibanez 6 String Electric
Fender Jazz Bass
Behringer Truth Monitors
Yorkville YSM1 Monitors

Back