Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What do yall think about the New MPC? Worth it or Waste of $?

901_Rice_Street is offline Rice AKA Clyde Drexler
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Waste............expensive ass MPD. Even the MPD 32 at $300 is over priced. I have one........only reason I haven't sold it is because people see it and go "damn.......WTF is that?" They instantly think I'm a beat making professional.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ChriisLay View Post
    It's all about Native Instrument Maschine.
    Maschine is good for people who don't know any better.........like the MPC REN. THese big name producers don't know any better. And it's harmless for them not to know....whatever new comes out...they get it and go "wooooooooah....I love the sound of this".

That spark shit is a waste. DJ Quik hyping that waste of money ass drum machine up......got broke people saving up money for some shit they can get for free at better quality. Come on, now!

Maschine has some great expansions......I like that. Wish they wouldn't limit the expansions to just Maschine.......make it Kontakt player compatible...then it would be on.
    Last edited by 901_Rice_Street; 09-21-2012 at 01:17 AM.
    likes this.

Scottzilla is offline Registered User

knobsmcgee is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBlu View Post
    I agree, but there's still majors (dunno if they are endorsed) showing it off:

MPC Minute featuring Young Guru - YouTube

Dope beat btw on here.
    Paid endorser.

alkota is offline Registered User
    For MPC workflow + MPC 3000 DA converters... yes. I think it would integrate nicely w/ my Reason setup. If you have never worked on an MPC you won't get the workflow and fun of using the Machine. I used the MPC2KXL for years before going MPD32 + DAW... I think the Renaissance is best of both worlds. Again, its not necessary, but if it helps you create and is fun... then by all means grab one. I will be.

I also own a SP-1200... and although its not necessary, its nice to run my drums through for bit crunching. They run $2K used... so depends on where your heart and ears are.
    Need Drums? Visit The Drum Broker @ http://www.hiphopdrumsamples.com

ultra auris is offline Registered User
    i couldnt imagine why I would buy one instead of a 3000 that is already a true classic and does everything I need and cheaper, for now.

Mr.Chris is offline Registered User
    Really IMO it's what works for you..sure the Akai MPC's have the history but so does Roland,Casio,Yamaha,Korg,etc..Everybody's hung up on the wow factor and that's cool (show's that thse companies have marketing skills) but it's like coming to the dance with the prettiest girl and wow that turn's head's but... at the end of the night you really only want to take the one home that's willing to put out!!.. so yes the Renn (when they get the bug's out will be dope) but it's not the only machine capable of getting the job done for as you should know ugly girl's can dance to hahaha... the bottom line is ..it's not about what you have (unless you like keeping up with the Joneses) but how you use it!! as no peice of equipment is going to make you dope!! If you suck your'e just going to suck faster and look better at it...
    Last edited by Mr.Chris; 10-03-2012 at 03:23 AM.
    Hiphop in my blood breaking beats in my veins i take this more serious than just a game!!! MRC... beat digger for life....

dBmusicalproductions is offline '08 6 Speed Corvette User

If there were as many options to choose back when these were the mainstay for making drum beats as we have today, then I could see them not being a neccessity. But since that wasn't the case, I chose what I thought was the best at doing drum beats & sampling with some added features that some devices still can't touch even after a decade of this model being out on the market.

To me the 4k is like the ASR-10 of the mpc series line of workstations. features like 24/96 capabilities & daw assisted s/w (ak.sys) made it to be more than eye candy to me.

This model has already been through a decade of service and folks are just catching on to what it's capable of doing. Grant it, it's not neccessary to have an mpc these days, but if you have one, consider it a worthy tool in ones instrument arsenal.
    Motif ES Rack, Triton Rack, Roland JV 1080 expanded, Kurzweil K2500RS, Blue LCD Ensoniq ASR10, Akai MPC 4000, Roland A-70 76 key controller are my weapons of choice.

Mr.Chris is offline Registered User
    Very nice I myself have been a MPC user since 97 and I still am even though I use the MV amongst other things.. and yes there is much choice these days but I can remember when the Fairlight and the Linn drum cost THOUSANDS of DOLLARS that we as kids coming up in HIPHOP could not afford!! then with the assorted beat boxes (my fav being the GLI) and the Casio SK1 circa 85 (which I still have) came out that at least brought sampling and beat making down to street level.. Infact Roland had some great drum machines as well.Clearly it was not like it is today with your choice of DAW'S and new fangled hardware. would i trade my knowledge for the ability to make beats easier and faster? Hell no!! hahaha because that edcuation was invaluable and these days those lessons's are not being taught.To me anyone that has an MPC know's the value and why it's important to them.I'ts not because Primo or Pete Rock said so it's what you could afford at the time and the feeling you got at SAM ASH when you tapped those pad's.. Im still rockin my ASR as well why? cause I want to and I can LOL.. no one has the Magic formula okay 50 had the Magic Stick but even that wears down after a while... These machines are CLASSIC and not to be fooled with!! so to all those that have come up in this NEWER GENERATION of HIP HOP that use Controllers/DAW'S to make beats more power to you but don't knock the hustle as all of your favorite song's were either made on a MPC or SP you know the same song's that inspired you to try and become a produce/beatmakerr (although the definition's of those term's are strickly in the hand's of the people who use them..)
    Last edited by Mr.Chris; 10-03-2012 at 06:09 AM.
    Hiphop in my blood breaking beats in my veins i take this more serious than just a game!!! MRC... beat digger for life....

dBmusicalproductions is offline '08 6 Speed Corvette User
    I forgot to leave my comment on the new mpc ren. What I've seen with the newer mpc's after akai was bought out by numark is that the old school mpc legacy was left out. MPC's developed under this new regime can't even compare to units made back in the day. And even though I'm an mpc owner/user, I wouldn't think about wasting any money on these crossbreeds because they aren't worth it.

There's no hate in what I'm saying, this is just my observations from seeing things change over the years with these products. And the conclusion to that is, it ain't good with what I'd like to say. Need I start with the outcome of the mpc 5000?
    Motif ES Rack, Triton Rack, Roland JV 1080 expanded, Kurzweil K2500RS, Blue LCD Ensoniq ASR10, Akai MPC 4000, Roland A-70 76 key controller are my weapons of choice.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information