Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: were will hardware production stand in the future?

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    Quote Originally Posted by Xabiton View Post
    I still love the Triton series. I can't justify buying one right now or I would have grabbed an extreme long ago
    I grabbed a dodgy sample pack off eBay. It is surprisingly really really good and can be loaded up in Kontakt.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

idk Probly is offline Member
    Thanks
    i don't think it's very popular on FP (from what i've seen) but i am in love with my Roland MV-8000, even though she has collapsed buttons, jumpy faders & other issues probably resulting from me not keeping her covered & clean. But if she died i would probably try to get the MV-8800 or just another MV8K if i had to. Drum machine, sampler, sequencer, multitrack recorder with CD burner. Not perfect, but i am loyal to a fault.

thafreshmade is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    I agree. hardware might die out in studios, but musicians use instruments/hardware. There will always be some sort of hardware involved; especially on stage

ultra auris is offline Registered User
    Thanks

re

and since they sound better, generally, they will be in the studio even more.

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thafreshmade View Post
    I agree. hardware might die out in studios, but musicians use instruments/hardware. There will always be some sort of hardware involved; especially on stage
    Actually the opposite. Studios usually load up on hardware as well as software.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

Mattman04 is offline Kit Ramsey's brother
    Thanks
    Computers keep getting cheaper.
    Midi controllers are very affordable, and even a usable audio interface is peanuts these days.
    All of this is causing hardware samplers/recorders/effects to slowly fade away.

I still wonder how the mpc Ren market will play out. It's double the cost of Maschine, and Akai's own mpc studio.
    I also wonder how Akai like having their own pad controllers taking mpc Ren market share.
    Akai can hardly abandon the mpd line, and lose that market just to increase Ren/Studio sales.

SUPERBANANABOMB is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Hardware will never die out because there's some people who are musicians and not mere "beat makers." Musicians buy instruments based upon two things primarily: Their tone and the inspiration / fun factor involved with using them. VST instruments and effects sound good in their own way, but no matter how much you treat that sound it always sounds unappealing to me, at least when compared with hardware. Also, producing music on a computer is boring as hell to me, no matter what controllers I have. Even with a powerful computer and a good audio interface, there's STILL latency when playing keys or hitting pads. This is unacceptable to me and takes me out of the "fantasy world" of creating music.

I guess it really just depends on how much of a tone freak you are, what your musical pursuits are, and how much money you are willing to invest. If you've never used traditional hardware (and don't know what you're missing out on), are a strictly bedroom producer, and don't have much money... then just do everything with a computer. You can get good results. If you have fun while doing it, more power to you. However, many people who are sound connoisseurs won't settle for doing everything in a DAW. Plus, if you ever have plans on performing live, what are you going to do? Stand on stage with a laptop? Sorry, but I'd rather give myself a cinnamon oil enema than watch that. Building up a gear collection is expensive, but it's well worth it IF that is what makes sense for you and your life. I personally find the workflow of using hardware much, much more fun and interesting than working with a computer.

The kind of people who think that there's no point in using hardware are usually the same people who rarely if ever listen to music on analog formats... people who only ever listen to mp3s and streamed internet videos with their shitty earbuds or laptop speakers. I feel sorry for the younger generation, who have never really heard a properly-mastered vinyl record played on a quality sound system. It takes a dinosaur-sized shit on digital audio.
    Last edited by SUPERBANANABOMB; 04-18-2013 at 03:38 PM.
    MPC 1000 w/ JJOS - Korg ESX - Korg EA-1 - Ensoniq EPS 16+ - Waldorf MicroQ - Roland Alpha Juno 2 - Yamaha TX81z - Mackie CR1604 - random rackmount and pedal effects

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERBANANABOMB View Post
    Hardware will never die out because there's some people who are musicians and not mere "beat makers."
    likes this.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

ego killer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    i think hardware production will die out in a couple years when the maschine and mpc ren/studio get more advanced and sampler sound emulation gets better. personally i'm a few hundred from quitting hardware, i'm gonna jump on the maschine as soon as i get the cash. sick of tracking stuff out, such a hassle.

SUPERBANANABOMB is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ego killer View Post
    i think hardware production will die out in a couple years when the maschine and mpc ren/studio get more advanced and sampler sound emulation gets better. personally i'm a few hundred from quitting hardware, i'm gonna jump on the maschine as soon as i get the cash. sick of tracking stuff out, such a hassle.
    I don't see hardware production dying out any time soon... there's been more new gear released in the last couple years than you can shake a stick at, and more is coming out all of the time. Computers simply don't have that "feel" when producing. It doesn't matter what controllers you have. There's some sort of disconnect there, and lots of people don't like it. Tracking stuff out isn't a hassle. It's a part of the fun. If you are worried about producing and recording stuff as fast as you possibly can, then software might be a smart choice for you. However, I'm a quality over quantity sort of guy.
    MPC 1000 w/ JJOS - Korg ESX - Korg EA-1 - Ensoniq EPS 16+ - Waldorf MicroQ - Roland Alpha Juno 2 - Yamaha TX81z - Mackie CR1604 - random rackmount and pedal effects

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread Information