Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: were will hardware production stand in the future?

dmajor100 is offline Registered User
    Thanks

were will hardware production stand in the future?

Sign in to disable this ad
    Mpcs,tritons,fantoms and motifs are some of the best keyboards I have had and the triton was my first love and this was back in 1999. The year is now 2012 and not yet exstincted but are now the last option for music production for most current new comer producers. Maschine,abelton,logic and that dam fruity loops is what creativity has come dwn to or should I say can be afforded threw this economic crisis. Hybrids are now starting to br created of a mixture of software and hardware but in 10 or 20 yrs from now what do you think will happen to the pleasures of having classic synths and the hands on and really being alone with just you and your.machine and ur inspiration/ creation. Will it get more conveinant for everybody and compact or will hardward be revolutionized of become totally out the box and stil have the swme power as a daw,This is what I think most peopld want but there are those who still protest its the same thing as logic but just in a box. There will be no suprises to me but ill be patiently waiting gill I die to see what was and what is music production.peace out

greenflag is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    tritons, motifs, etc are not really synths they are really just computers. true analog pieces will alwaysssss be around I think the digital pieces are just gonna be replaced by software and controllers down the line
    likes this.

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenflag View Post
    tritons, motifs, etc are not really synths they are really just computers. true analog pieces will alwaysssss be around I think the digital pieces are just gonna be replaced by software and controllers down the line
    agreed. There is no real reason imo to buy a hardware workstation in 2012 imo. How much can a Fantom do that something like Hypersonic cannot? What about Mpcs? They are fun to use but I think software samplers have a larger appeal to more people. Analog synths have their own sonic imprint otherwise I would say just go all in the box unless you want an actual hardware synth.
    likes this.

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    Thanks
    It will be for the types that want the feel and inspiration of something older. Like people that have antique furniture.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deanlofts View Post
    It will be for the types that want the feel and inspiration of something older. Like people that have antique furniture.
    Haha interesting concept, probably somewhat true though.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    Thanks
    Hardware will always be around. Some people simply just prefer hardware.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

BeatGenerals is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by P. Casso View Post
    Hardware will always be around. Some people simply just prefer hardware.
    yeah theres always the people that cant even fathom not having outboard gear and physical knobs and what not lol.

High Quality FL Studio Tutorials

http://www.beatgenerals.com

greenflag is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BeatGenerals View Post
    yeah theres always the people that cant even fathom not having outboard gear and physical knobs and what not lol.
    Controllers.

but anyway, let me rephrase what I said about digital dying out. I think it will definitely die out in the studio but it will still be around with the price gradually dropping because of stage use. People who perform on stage arnt exactly gonna want to rely on an actual computer (PC or Mac) for live use. A dedicated piece of hardware will always be more reliable.

Thanks
    You can get an MPC for under $300 these days, Turntables for $99, Older Keyboard workstations for under $200. I think that will make alot of new to hardware guys start accumulating gear. It's no longer a need, but I see hardware coming back in a nostalgic type of way. All it takes is some big hit from some young producer who uses an MPC, a few EMU Racks and a Roland XP 50 and next thing you know, everyone who wants to be a producer with $1000 to invest will try to get as close to the same setup as possible.

Think of how much Scott Storch did for the boost in sales of Motifs. That wasn't as long ago as it may seem.
    , and like this.
    Two things that annoy me are people who are positive out of ignorance, and people who are negative out of bitterness. People who are neither usually get along with me and agree with most of what I say. People who are one of the 2 think I'm the other.
    www.soundclick.com/phukdupbeats
    www.myspace.com/phukdup
    http://twitter.com/PhukdupEnt

deanlofts is offline Cubase Addict
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup View Post
    Think of how much Scott Storch did for the boost in sales of Motifs. That wasn't as long ago as it may seem.
    Hehehe even I fell for this one :P.
    likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by alkota View Post
    Everyone is too worried about selling themselves before they even have a product that anyone wants.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information