Are we going to get ant new sampler hardware soon?

I was on the edge of sellin my MPC 1000 (1st gen,max ram,new pads,black clase,blue screen,jjos 4.99) to get a maschine.But really thought about and held off.The maschine is dope and all but the MPC has a feel like no other and the timing especially.If your computer crashes then how are u gonna make beats????.I recently just started doin live beat sets with my MPC which makes me like it even more.Until sumthin blows the mpc out the water or when akai comes out with there hardware/software hybrid,Ill be keepin my MPC 1000.I track straight into my 003 anyways so once all my sounds are in pro tools i can do whatever i want.

Last edited:
I wouldn't really want the MPC to become software based. I would however like to see Akai doing something similar to Korg (M3 and M50) allowing you to open up an editor inside of your DAW. Aksys lets you edit Programs which is nice but this would definitely be even better.

Oh yea and 64-bit drivers for the 4000 would be nice. But I know that will never happen.

---------- Post added at 06:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

mpc 6000???

I hope not. Akai has the gift and the curse. The older models do what they were made to do well. There isn't really much they could add to them without getting into the pointless category. IMO. I can't even find a good reason to upgrade to the 2500 or 5000 from the 4000 other than complete gear lust.

I am strongly considering getting a Lemar though.

I was on the edge of sellin my MPC 1000 (1st gen,max ram,new pads,black clase,blue screen,jjos 4.99) to get a maschine.But really thought about and held off.The maschine is dope and all but the MPC has a feel like no other and the timing especially.If your computer crashes then how are u gonna make beats????

Heres a better question, if your MPC dies how are you gonna make beats? I often hear this insecurity about using a computer and what if it crashes....You should always be backing your music up whether its made on the MPC or a Computer, cause all digital electronics can crash/fail. If you computer crashes you get it fixed, just like if your screen on the MPC dies, or if your MPC decides to stop booting. Either get it fixed or get a new one. Its not really rocket science but I can understand the insecurity because we tend to think that dedicated hardware is more stable/bulletproof....but not so much really the case in real life, just ask the homie Xabiton

I had a chance to recently to borrow a machinedrum uw, that machine is nuts. What you could do with sound in that thing is crazy. I'm definitely copping that over the octatrack, you could pretty much do the timestretching shit with clever use of the lfos. The octatrack looks cool but I know I'll be more creative with the machinedrum.

What I like about is that its not designed for hiphop style music since everything is quantized but if you use the parameter locks you could get shit off beat, I could honestly say it changed the way I make music now, I need one to go with my MV and emu ultra, asap.

Back