Are we going to get ant new sampler hardware soon?

that linn drum is at least 3g it a high end tool not for bedroom producers.

the fact u had to save up to get a machine like a mpc3000 or sp1200 built commitment to ur craft, and filtered out all fly by night wanna be down dudes.

now they run riot but it is what it is

I think the Roland MV series are the last gen of the almighty groove samplers, the market is not interested in these types of machines anymore.

there's gonna be alot of "chumped" faces all over the net if and when this drops... damn, i remember the day Mike Tyson slept and didnt take an opponent seriously... he got "Bustered"... lol

da relic

that linn drum is at least 3g it a high end tool not for bedroom producers.

the fact u had to save up to get a machine like a mpc3000 or sp1200 built commitment to ur craft, and filtered out all fly by night wanna be down dudes.

now they run riot but it is what it is

Jpeg where did you get that price from when they haven't even given the Linn Drum II a price nor isn't even out yet? 3G's? :confused: That beatthang is not to be trusted from what a lot of cats say on this forum.

Last edited:
Jpeg where did you get that price from when they haven't even given the Linn Drum II a price nor isn't even out yet? 3G's? :confused: That beatthang is not to be trusted from what a lot of cats say on this forum.

The LinnDrum is a drum machine/analog synth...I could see it being 3 grand even if they weren't taking this much time to get it out.

Beatthang is going to be interesting when it comes out. We'll get to see what that company's all about when the public digs into the inital bugs of their software. I hope a small company like their's can really produce a $1000 industry grade drum machine with those type of specs.

The LinnDrum is a drum machine/analog synth...I could see it being 3 grand even if they weren't taking this much time to get it out.

Beatthang is going to be interesting when it comes out. We'll get to see what that company's all about when the public digs into the inital bugs of their software. I hope a small company like their's can really produce a $1000 industry grade drum machine with those type of specs.

Well if that's the case I would stick with Reason's Kong that's about to come out. But when that Linn Drum II comes I am getting it, oh I know what it is. :smokinFP:

so... the Linn will be what the MPC 5000 tried to be? and the RS7000 came and sorta did this already... and the Spectralis and Spectralis II is now currently doin? just curious to hear from you guys wats selling the machine... i already know whats sellin it... just wanna hear from u guys.

da relic

As much as I hate to say it, the days of the hardware sampler/sequencer boxes are getting numbered. Sure, there are still a few around, but the selection is getting thinner and thinner. I still think even though Roland got rid of the MV series, I think they will come back with something to peak interests.

LogicalReasons45 wrote:

Now they got iphone and ipad beatmakers, it's not a bad concept on the technology tip and I respect it, but now its going to get worse. Now anyone with a damn ipod could get music software through the app store, everyone is gonna run around thinking they're producers cause who doesn't own an apple product.

I don't. As of the time of this post, I've never owned a single apple product in my life. However, I do get you point and I agree with you.

I don't like the way things are headed either as far as just doing EVERYTHING on the computer. I have plenty of hardware and software and I definitely prefer hardware over software. I started off with hardware and feel more comfortable with it than I do with software. However, I'm content with tracking (recording) the music into a software DAW. I'm also content with sequencing melodies with software as long as I'm using it in conjunction with real MIDI hardware synths as the fundamental sound source and controller. But for drum track sequencing, it's hardware (in my case, MPC) all the way. Gotta love the feel, workflow, and timing!!!!!!

So basically what I'm trying to say is this. Software and hardware both do the same thing technically but, the feel, workflow, and environment is very different. It's definitely a mental thing and a matter of what works better for you in terms of creativity and workflow. For example, FL Studio with VSTi's. I've played around with FL Studio and made several beats on it. However, I always felt I wasn't really making music but just programming notes. Even with a MIDI controller, computers just don't feel like a real instrument to me. I don't feel quite as inspired. But when I go back to my MPC and hardware synths, I feel like I'm really playing an instrument and I can feel inspired. For some reason, that MPC and those keyboard patches gets my creative juices going and I can really feel the beat to the point where I'm bobbing my head to it while I'm making it!!! Oh yeah, and the worflow is super quick as far as laying down the basic drum pattern, bassline, lead, etc...... I never got that feeling using only FL Studio with VSTi's. It was always more time consuming just to get what would've taking only a few minutes (or seconds) on the MPC. With that said, I would definitely hate to see dedicated hardware samplers and drummachines die away from the market in favor of software as the only solution in the future!!!! I'm not diggin' this all software no hardware involved thing at all.

Last edited:
the success of the Beat Thang, just might determine what the Big 3 might do... as well as the Linn when drops... i'd be pissed if the Beat Thang is succesful, and the other companies began comin out with drum samplers again.. but thats how this bs works.

da relic

I'm at a point where I don't even care what comes out, I'm good with my emu ultra and mv, I don't want to get caught up learning new gear. I still haven't scratched the surface on what these two machines could do individually let alone together yet.

Software has its place and hardware has their's. I'm a hardware dude, always will be, but I'd rather spend money on a vst or two being that its cheap and powerful, and I have my main tools already. I'd also get some analogue into my signal chain, everything sounding way to digital these days..

Last edited:
and thats the way its supposed to be... suppress the gear lust and learn what u got... i want the battery powered portabilty... and the BT is the only machine offering that with all the features its said to have.. im not an MPC guy, but i rarely here talk about the 500... that says alot.

da relic

The beat thang marketing alone turns me off. It may have decent capabilities but all the shucking and jiving screams unprofessional and makes me wonder what support, etc would be like.

the days of high end beat machines is pretty much at a close but for most mid level low end users they will be using cheaper beat boxes like the korg esx got re-issued and the beat thang and maschine

the high end shit will still be there but it will be more nostalgia high end guys that would buy the likes of the linn drum

It's either hi-end, or software with a good soundcard and quality converters. Cheap hardware just means cheap components unless its a hybrid like the maschine.

Last edited:
Elektron-Octatrack.jpg

cheers!

Yamaha

I'd love to see Yamaha get back in the ring with an updated RS7000 with updated storage options and Maschine type software. Unlikely though.

Octatrack looks interesting though.

G4s

That right there will not be cheap, I'm guessing like 2gs for that baby. I'm debating if I should get one before I get a kurzweil pc3. Either way the pc3 and the octatrack will definitely be my last purchase as far as production gear goes.

I got the pads/sequencer, the racknount, eventually the keys, and the weird machine. Digital gear backed behind analog effects and filters, all mixed and summed on an analog board. My dream set-up. One could dream right?

Back