triggering samples: s950 with MPC 2000XL

i can play the samples in the s950, but cant trigger them from the mpc.

i was able to do it yesterday, but now i cant. what did i do??

HELP!!

Set your key group, assign sound and program to it. Set your note trigger to corresponding note on MPC. Set up midi. Play away.

Good idea to create a startup program template with all the key group, note assignment, midi etc... and save it to a disk and load it whenever you want to make a beat. Saves some time.

Set your key group, assign sound and program to it. Set your note trigger to corresponding note on MPC. Set up midi. Play away.

Good idea to create a startup program template with all the key group, note assignment, midi etc... and save it to a disk and load it whenever you want to make a beat. Saves some time.
u seem to know a bit about the s950 im curious does this also work for the s3000xl and if so is there a way to set this up on it when it loads by default? im always setting up programs becuase when i bought my 3k the software comes preloaded i dont know how to change the preset values and save them on the machine itself. any suggestions?

Not sure about the 3000xl. For the 900, I just have to set your program settings without sounds and save it. Then every session, just load it up, remove the disk and sample and save on another disk.
I believe if you're using a newer OS you have to load every time, but if you're using the original, no need.

Back