Tracking In Beat from MPC

JesseHolmz

what's the best way to track a beat in from my MPC1000 so i can get all the individual tracks on separate tracks on a DAW to master? is there any tutorials for doing it properly?

oooh... sorry fella no clue lol... im def not on that level yet... but id imagine it'd be similar to Cubase... thers a vid on youtube where a guy syncs the 1K to Logic...

Heres one... kinda

Hope this helps a little at least...

you need a midi cable... well two possinly, i have midi in and out cables... you wnat to connect the in from the MPC to the out on the soundcard... and the out from the MPC to the in on the soundcard... then go into the midi settings on the MPC (Mode+Pad 9)... change the sync in to 1 and sync out to A... I say do both because Im still a little iffy on which does what lol... but anyway after youve done that go into FL studio and find your soundcard in the MIDI settings menu and enable it... and do the same in the MIDI output section... and I changes the little black thingy that says synchronization type to MTC 30 fps non drop... now i can just click all my inputs on the mixer, click record on the transport and press play on the MPC and it records all 4 inputs plus the stereo which I do through a SPDIF connection as to not use up two slots on my interface... so I get six ins at once... if you need help with setting up the ins let me know

you need a midi cable... well two possinly, i have midi in and out cables... you wnat to connect the in from the MPC to the out on the soundcard... and the out from the MPC to the in on the soundcard... then go into the midi settings on the MPC (Mode+Pad 9)... change the sync in to 1 and sync out to A... I say do both because Im still a little iffy on which does what lol... but anyway after youve done that go into FL studio and find your soundcard in the MIDI settings menu and enable it... and do the same in the MIDI output section... and I changes the little black thingy that says synchronization type to MTC 30 fps non drop... now i can just click all my inputs on the mixer, click record on the transport and press play on the MPC and it records all 4 inputs plus the stereo which I do through a SPDIF connection as to not use up two slots on my interface... so I get six ins at once... if you need help with setting up the ins let me know

thanks a lot i really appreciate it. Is there a possible way to do all of this without a soundcard? I just spent a lot of money on equipment and don't have the money for a soundcard now. I'm sure the sound quality won't be as good but if there is a way it would really save me for the time being. Thanks again.

Back