Talk About The Yamaha Rs7000!!! Please

B

Big Corleone

can we get a thread going on about the Yamaha RS7000? everyone that i know and on this board pretty much has interest on the Yamaha RS7000. but from the information that i read on it through here....this is what i can sum up........

1.)i love it.
2.)droooooool.
3.)it's a hype'd up version of the RM1x
4.)it's a sampler, sequencer, mixer, drum machine, synthesizer all in one.
5.)whatever information that came from yamahasynth.com

can we please talk about it? cause everyone on here basically wants one.......i personally do....but i would want to know more about it......or anything more about it besides what i listed above. thanks....

I don't care about the synth functions much but I've allready bought one for a few obvious reasons.
1) it's an enhanced rm1x sequencer. You can now connect patterns and convert them into real sequenceing mode, you can alter parts of those patterns real time and send the back from real-sequence to pattern form.. nice. hehe

2) it's an enhanced su700 which now supports realtime transposing of samples and a nice sample-loop function where you can change neat things while the sample is running in loop-

3) nice AWM2 tone generator. hehe

Last edited:
is there anything else about it that people might not know about it.....or something about it that might really want me to buy it? cause i'm really interested in it. are you gettin it?

i just peep'd your profile......you from denmark......im in the US......so i'm trying to see if it's out over here......i saw the yamaha rs7000 for $1399.99 at musicians.com and it retails for $1699.99. is that a good price?

RS

1399.00 IS ABOUT THE PRICE I HAVE SEEN EVERYWHERE
THE 123MUSIC INFORMS ME IM NOW ON BACK ORDER TILL 9/15 ---SO ILL PAY THE SHIPPING IF ANY NETSITE IN THE WORLD WILL SHIP TO THE NORTH CAROLINA--
-WHO HAS IT?
RXZKNZ

the music store in fayetteville said they will order it......and match the 1399.99 price......so im going to look into that more

Last edited by a moderator:
$1,399 for an RS7000 is not bad. I've seen it go for $100 higher.

I own an RM1X and played around with the RS7000 and loved it. It has a dedicated "shuffle" knob, which the RM1X did not have, as well as more filter types (with envelope control), more sounds, more effects, and , of course, a sampler.

One of the biggest downsides to the RM1X was the weak drum kits. The kits in the RS7000 are virtually identical, but the fx processing unit, as well as the deeper level of voice edit control, enable you to get some really strong drum sounds. I was very impressed, after tweaking it for only a minute I managed to turn that dull, flat RM1X analogue kick into something really hard and deep (was never able to do that with the RM1X without external fx processing). I'm going to sell my RM1X and get a RS7000, no question about it.

can you tell me everything about the RM1x.....if you dont mind? so i can get a feeling what i'm getting into when i get the RS7000. and what advantages of the RS7000 may have......?

i want to know as much about the RS7000 as i can......preferably 1st hand exp.

it has simply the best hardware sequencer in the world until the rs7000 arrived. It's so live and makes you able to innovate on the fly way beyond what an MPC can do.
And I like the way you're able to cut out an entire sequenceand make them patterns, then you rearrange these patterns and make them a sequence again, now that's what I call freedom!

Last edited:
Back