Thread: sp12 turbo running HOT

Henrico is offline Registered User

sp12 turbo running HOT

Sign in to disable this ad
    Hi,

Just got my sp12 turbo. It kicks!

Anyway, it runs really hot around the PSU area and it makes a sort of buzzing noise - is this normal?

Henrico.

dwells is offline Registered User
    try cleaning it. Open it op and clean it. it's old and I'msure it is covered with dust inside. that area will be a little warm, but should be buzzing.
    #music101 Talent is an other word for potential. Potential is a nice way of saying something isn't working. Results matter!

OLSatG is offline Registered User
    My old one was really hot around that area it worked fine right through to selling it, so i'd say no problem there.
    'savvy'

BigRyan is offline Insane FP Patriot
    The power supplies on those are prone to problems. Even mine which I never suspected had a power supply issue had one.

Do you have any service centres near you, or perhaps some electronics experience?

I have the schematics if you need them.

dwells is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwells
    try cleaning it. Open it op and clean it. it's old and I'msure it is covered with dust inside. that area will be a little warm, but should be buzzing.
    typo:

but should be NOT buzzing.
    #music101 Talent is an other word for potential. Potential is a nice way of saying something isn't working. Results matter!

tiampifanggi is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BigRyan View Post
    The power supplies on those are prone to problems. Even mine which I never suspected had a power supply issue had one.

Do you have any service centres near you, or perhaps some electronics experience?

I have the schematics if you need them.
    Sorry bro would u be able to mail me the schematics? im really having a hard time finding them, and repairing the sp12turbo without them might be impossible. please bro, it would be very nice of u.

lg, tiampi
    Last edited by tiampifanggi; 01-11-2013 at 07:37 PM.

Thread Information