Sp-606 or Sp-505?

GeRm305

Car Audio NERD!
Which one is better in your opinion? i work with reason in the bedroom and i have an SP-505 which i use out in the living room (I work Late and by the time i come home the wife is sleeping lol)....Should i stick with the 505 or get the 606....the 606 is not really that expensive on Ebay and i love the fact it has a 4x4 layout like an mpc....feedback appreciated.:victory: :victory: :victory:

Well if you work with reason the answer's a definite "606 FTW"... simply because it interfaces with a computer so much better. The only real advantage the 505 has is the pitch bank, which you can do with reason anyway...

Workflow would be very painless - make a beat in reason (using the sp as a controller if you wish), transfer it to the 606 (you can sample sequences from any midi source and it loops them automatically for you) and tweak those mad effects...

Pretty cool stuff....but im stacked with reason i already have a midi controller for it and all....what im trying to do is have the sampler stand alone (for night sessions) which one would be better for standalone hip hop production the SP-505 or the SP-606 so to make it simple

1.)Wife in the room at night i cant bangout beats in the room with her sleepin she will put her foot so far in my ass that imma cough up toe nails for 3 days lmao....

2.)the sp-505 or 606 for the living room and standalone which 1 is better?

Ah ok; both would do the job, but still the 606 makes it easier to take your reason stuff away from the computer. You could simply insert a card reader in your computer (if you don't yet have one - they are very cheap) and save your reason tracks as .wav files.

Then as the missus goes off to sleep, you take your flash card, laden with beats to your 606 and get all creative n stuff. Couldn't be easier, and few if any other samplers will make it that easy to go from one to the other so quickly (the 606 can read filenames, unlike many others that have to be named in a certain way).

The main reason I love the 606 so much is that it allows for a 'best of both worlds' approach to music-making (sofware and hardware).

If your computer rig is your main deal and your just messing around with the 505 you should just stick with that. The 606 is a nice step up...but probably not an important one for your situation.

Back