SP 404 has a louder left output! HELP

Whats up Guys?
I got a problem. I just recently noticed my SP404sx has an output issue. The left side always seems to be louder then the right. I've been noticing it a lot more as of late.

My audio flow goes Turntable, DJ Mixer, SP, then into my MPC2000XL where I make the majority of my songs. I started to realize while I was watching the audio levels in the MPC.

I just thought it was just the way the record was mixed because I listened to it on a stand alone turntable and could hear the drums hard panned causing a louder left channel. Then I took out another record and saw the same thing. So then I went and grabbed a LP mixed in mono... AND THE SAME THING HAPPENED! A LOUDER LEFT CHANNEL!!!

I then assumed it was in the turntable part of my setup. So then I started messing with that.... I switched out needles, switched over to my other turntable did the same with that one. Switched out all the cords and cables and whatever I did the mono record still had a significantly louder left side.

Then I thought it was my MPC, so I switched out the cords going to the input and it still happened. So last thing I do is go directly from my mixer into my MPC.... and what do ya know! The channels were level with each other.

So what could be the problem with the SP404? I assume it's probably an issue with the RCA connections. Just seeing if anyone else has had the same issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Back