Should i get MPC 5000

SiMKE

well i owned mpc 4000 over six months now and recently i got me an mv-8000 the thing i don't like about mv is that is all in one.I like to have my freedom and mpc let you do that.My whole thing is i can get mpc 5000 for cheap i mean cheaper then mpc 4000 i know that machine has errors some things it should have but it doesn't.I would like to hear for those of you that own this babe to let me know if there is going to be an os upgrade that will add some things mpc 4000 has and if this muchine is worth money or not.I have to say that i played around on it at my boy's house and i thought that it's a joke i also know this that is up to producer to work around it and get results as wanted on first place.Please leave truthfull comments i appreciated.Thank's

SiMKE said:
well i owned mpc 4000 over six months now and recently i got me an mv-8000 the thing i don't like about mv is that is all in one.I like to have my freedom and mpc let you do that.My whole thing is i can get mpc 5000 for cheap i mean cheaper then mpc 4000 i know that machine has errors some things it should have but it doesn't.I would like to hear for those of you that own this babe to let me know if there is going to be an os upgrade that will add some things mpc 4000 has and if this muchine is worth money or not.I have to say that i played around on it at my boy's house and i thought that it's a joke i also know this that is up to producer to work around it and get results as wanted on first place.Please leave truthfull comments i appreciated.Thank's

You need to sit down and write a list of all things that you want in a sampling drum machine. Then compare that list to the features found in the MPC 4000, MPC 5000, and MV-8800. Pick up the one that offers you the most things on your list.

Also, if you can get your MPC 5000 for cheaper than an MPC 4000, you have an amazing source. The MPC 4000 is typically priced lower....$1600 and below.

Last edited:
jahrome said:
You need to sit down and right a list of all things that you want in a sampling drum machine. Then compare that list to the features found in the MPC 4000, MPC 5000, and MV-8800. Pick up the one that offers you the most things on your list.

Also, if you can get your MPC 5000 for cheaper than an MPC 4000, you have an amazing source. The MPC 4000 is typically priced lower....$1600 and below.

That's my point i don't want to pass on it.Thanks for feedback

The 4000 is a monster.... you didn't hang on to that.
The MV is a monster.... did'n hang on to that either.
The 5000 is also a monster.... so give it MORE than 6 months if you do decide to get it.
Just a thought.

Thanks for the feedback.I just need sound quality,some ppl think if they get mpc or mv that they gonna make good beats just because they have em.To me i just need good Sequencer

That's a good price!! So how is it?

I would like to know how the sampling is on the 5000...that would be a deciding factor in which one I'm gonna get...

Last edited:
well to be honest with you it has some bugs but jus like every other hardware and software it will be fixed i hope.To me this machine is more leaning towards future.It all depends what you looking for i just sold my mv and prob will sell mpc 4000 too but i won't rush just yet.I do mastering in protools and cubase and i have sonic sound card with 14 dsp,so i have samplers on there as well.I needed good drum machine and mpc 5000 is right for me it sounds better then mpc 4000 i must say.But then again it's short on futures in my point of view,i don't need all that thou.It all comes down what suit you i mean all these machines has their advanteges and disadvantages your not going to be able to get complete machine.MV is real good but mpc is better sequnacer.I didn't like mpc 5000 when first came out but i took some time to learn and understand machine and i think it's a beast,and hopefully os upgrade will fix some of it.My advice is figure out what you need and then go for it.
ONE

Last edited:
i got me an mv-8000 the thing i don't like about mv is that is all in one.I like to have my freedom and mpc let you do that.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Once more I can't understand how you can end up with a 5000 with that statement in play.

My advice is figure out what you need and then go for it.

But you did everything but follow your own advice.

moyphee said:
i got me an mv-8000 the thing i don't like about mv is that is all in one.I like to have my freedom and mpc let you do that.

That makes no sense whatsoever. Once more I can't understand how you can end up with a 5000 with that statement in play.

As of late....not only have you spammed every thread regarding the MP 5K....you have stalked any and everybody you find on the internet that uses an MPC 5K or thinks about using a 5K. You are starting to look like a Single White Female.....when are you actually going to do some type of music. There is no evidence in any forum that you actually create music...in fact, there is no evidence that supports you even own any of these drum machines.

Last edited:
i JUST GOT MPC 5000 A FEW DAYS AGO I HAD MPC 4000 FOR 5 YEARS AND I HAD IT MV BOUGHT IT BEFORE 5000 AND DIDNT LIKE IT AND I SOLD IT RECENTLY DON'T TALK LIKE YOU KNOW ME OR SOME SHT

moyphee said:

I DIDN'T LIKE 5000 AT FIRST I THOUGHT I WAS GARBAGE THE ONLY REASON I GOT IT ITS BECAUSE WAS CHEAP 1300 THAT WHY I PICKED UP BUT I ALWAYS CAN GO TO MY 4000 BUT IF SOMEONE GETING MPC AND HAS NOT HAVE ANY OTHER I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND 5000 BECAUSE ITS BUGGY..

Last edited:
jahrome said:
As of late....not only have you spammed every thread regarding the MP 5K....you have stalked any and everybody you find on the internet that uses an MPC 5K or thinks about using a 5K.

That would be you actually. You've been trying to sell that bug ridden POS 3500 in every thread on the web. You're on a constant search for new members for the "Church of Numakai" because the present parishioners are dieing off.

jahrome said:
There is no evidence in any forum that you actually create music...

I've been to your MySpace page - the sentiment is mutual.

jahrome said:
...in fact, there is no evidence that supports you even own any of these drum machines.

Don't make put your name in lights too! :rolleyes:

moyphee said:
That would be you actually. You've been trying to sell that bug ridden POS 3500 in every thread on the web. You're on a constant search for new members for the "Church of Numakai" because the present parishioners are dieing off.

I've been to your MySpace page - the sentiment is mutual.

Don't make put your name in lights too! :rolleyes:

My MY Space page has music better than 99% of what I have heard coming from you...and yes, they were created with a 5K. Let's here what your MDP controller and Fruit Loops 1 can do?

jahrome said:
My MY Space page has music better than 99% of what I have heard coming from you...and yes, they were created with a 5K. Let's here what your MDP controller and Fruit Loops 1 can do?

you didn't make that with 5000 and your daughter played the keys. You've already admitted it on another forum ...you lying lil brat.

moyphee said:
you didn't make that with 5000 and your daughter played the keys. You've already admitted it on another forum ...you lying lil brat.

Yes. This is correct. My daughter even creates better music than you.

Everyone in my household is a musician. I let my children decide which music is posted on the page. In fact, I have to check to see what is up there now. The music on our page will most likely not make the album I am working on. All the music there is created using an MPC 5K and a Fantom....and all the music on the page is better than anything you have ever posted in these forums......I don't care what you believe.

So stop talking BS about products that you don't own and can't afford to buy.....and do some music to back up all your techno babble. It is really boring for you to make so many claims and can't back anything up......

jahrome said:
....and all the music on the page is better than anything you have ever posted in these forums......I don't care what you believe.

Wah, wah, wah...now run the house and tell mommy the other kids are treating you so bad.:cry::cry::cry:

jahrome said:
So stop talking BS about products that you don't own and can't afford to buy.....
Speaking of ownership! :hello:

* This may be in jest but my point has been made!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back