should i buy an mpc 1000

D

Deadly83

im using reason 4.0 at the mo with midi keyboard along with recycle and sampling all types of **** but would i be better off with an mpc 1000?
please give me your thoughts

you need to answer that quetion no one can answer it for u so its a dumb quetion.

if u prefere hardware then go for it

yes! well it's really up to you depending on how you prefer to work... I think that hardware really puts it over software but its even better combined.. I got my 1000 and do my beats and sampling, then put it into Pro Tools and add extra off Reason... the MPCs are great to use, theyre pretty easy to pick up quick on and you can put more feel into it then just clicking your mouse...

i used to use FL switched to mpc 2000xl and couldnt be happier the beats seem to come alot easier. i hated lookin at a screen and pointing a mouse. i get more into my sequences now

IMO yes, but then i love hardware, like the guy before me said, it feels so much more live, and things get done quicker, i barely had to pick up the manual, i was making beats in no time and this was the first item in my studio i bought, about to cop protools to go with it, but thats another matter, i suggest you try the mpc cuz, if it dont work for ya, send it back.

I'll just post my opinion of the MPC1000. The Hardware / Software debate is a very wide scope to take on.

I have owned every MPC up to the 1000 and there are many benefits to this model. Standard features include portable design, intuitive workflow, effects (although not great, they are a start), USB and flash card connectivity. Upgrades include hard drive interface, JJ operating system, and cheap laptop memory.

I have to say the pads are kinda small, but I'm willing to take that trade-off for portability.

Watch out for the older blue ones and even some black ones because they use individual sensors that will eventually crap out on you.

Good luck!

if you dont like the pads on the mpc 1000 get yourself an mpd , i used the 24. They're A little wider and softer than those on the 1000.
i plugged the midi out of the mpd into the midi in of the 1000. I personally love hardware all that mouse clickin bullsh1t is not for me.

if you dont like the pads on the mpc 1000 get yourself an mpd , i used the 24. They're A little wider and softer than those on the 1000.
i plugged the midi out of the mpd into the midi in of the 1000. I personally love hardware all that mouse clickin bullsh1t is not for me.

LOL.
Interesting idea.

i did the same thing but with my sp-404.

tbh if the mpc 1000 is your first mpc then the smaller pads won't be much of an issue. although personally i wouldn't buy an MPC if i was starting again, it does suit some people. some people make beats on software for months, getting frustrated. then they just purchase something like an mpc, which is technically inferior to software and all of a sudden everything clicks for them.

when making music one of the most important things is being able to "feel" it and if you get that feeling from using hardware then go for it.

I'd have to agree, with the above poster, I think using hardware adds a tactile element to this. Banging on pads, hearing the sounds, it al clicks. I used a pad control, with reason 4 and that was cool, but for me I like having a reduced feature set, and in the case of the MPC2k, tank like feel. Its an ok trade for me. Also running through a slew of comp issues may have colored my view. And I still use reason and recycle too

Back