Quick MPC-FL question

turtle

Quick question.. I have an MPC 1000, FL studio 9 and a midi keyboard.. Till now ive been making beats on them seperatly.. If I make a beat on the MPC i only use the MPC, and same thing with FL..

Now the question is..

Is there a way I can use these two items together in a way? For instance make a beat on the MPC and mix it in FL? And if its possible, how? Or use the midi-keyboard for basslines and such?

Thanks in advance :)

You could using the MIDI Out channel in FL. I personally connected my Roland Fantom X thru FL using the same function. Put the MPC in Slave so it could work with FL. And the MIDI keyboard should work easily.

You can sequence a whole beat on the MPC. I know FL seems the easier way but you have to use the MIDI Out channel in FL to plug it up. You could get some MIDI cables and connect your keyboard to the MPC and keyboard to the computer for sounds like a bassline, and sequence it on the MPC.

I have an MPC 2500 and a Roland and I was using FL to mix it. Its way better to just learn the hardware.

Hmm ok, so nothing to recommend? I ask mainly because I´m making some dope shit on the MP, but the mix is soooo horrible.. I would love to have full controll over the mixing process

you can slave your mpc to reaper,cubase as a master , so you can mixx usb midi should help .. but thats the reason i got rid of the mpc cause i literally do everythang in fl studio .. i think fl studio ' in general people knock it for its true abilities .. cause they havet really grasped its potienal use 1 peace of equipment and master it .. to your full potienal ,, other equipment tends to throw your ideas off ..

all the time less is more ..

you can slave your mpc to reaper,cubase as a master , so you can mixx usb midi should help .. but thats the reason i got rid of the mpc cause i literally do everythang in fl studio .. i think fl studio ' in general people knock it for its true abilities .. cause they havet really grasped its potienal use 1 peace of equipment and master it .. to your full potienal ,, other equipment tends to throw your ideas off ..

all the time less is more ..

same reason I sold all my hardware. FL Studio's work flow is second to none. With 3rd party Vsti the sky is the limit with FL 10

Hmm ok, so nothing to recommend? I ask mainly because I´m making some dope shit on the MP, but the mix is soooo horrible.. I would love to have full controll over the mixing process
Track it out from the mpc to your daw of choice and mix the tracks there. Haven't really used FL, but I believe it won't be the best choice for recording.. Maybe give Reaper a try?

So basically midi sync the mpc to your daw, insert one empty bar before the beat and record the tracks one by one, unless you have more outs and ins.

do i really need midi to track it out track by track? wouldnt it be the same to just record the stereo out piece by piece into a DAW? or does the midi enable further details?

sorry bout the noobish questions, but i find midi to be a bit confusing.. what makes it different from just recording the stereo out :s

If you want more control over it during mixing, you should record it track by track.
Midi isn't necessary, you can always add one bar to the beginning and trigger the same sound in the very beginning of it on every track, and you'll be able to line them up easily.

With midi you could trigger mpc's play when you click record on your daw so everything would line up properly without any need to move the tracks in your daw.

Back