View Poll Results: Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • No

13 61.90%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

outside the █ is offline Retired Mud Wrestler Ref
    Sign in to disable this ad
    MPC - music production center. If you use vsts and external gear , maaan for the amount of midi control , ports and midi cc messages it sends (which you can use in the PC also) but yeah JJOS XL is crucial. Im seeing more and more that it can be a real live session center piece if you incorporate external gear .

NXR3QHD is offline Registered User
    I have been using Reason, Cubase, etc... But, I'm getting a new MPC 2500, loaded with the big screen, and extra thick pads. I just love using a real drum machine. Akai is only making the Mpc 1000 and I think they might phaze it out as well.

knobsmcgee is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectahEX View Post
    If mpcs were a thing of the past NI would of never made a product trying to compete with mpcs to begin with
    except for the fact Akai released the Ren to compete with Maschine.

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    LoL. Akai released the Ren because they are a for-profit business. Which means you will do what's necessary to generate income.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

dBmusicalproductions is offline '08 6 Speed Corvette User
    Well if Nukai doesn't get an update out for the Ren sooner than later, folks will be singing deja vu all over again.
    Remember the mpc 5k? And does anybody remember the issues it had/has, the amount of O.S. updates it recieved, and how long it stay around before Nukai acknowledged it truely was a bust?

There's no more new 5k's being solded anymore. All you can find now is used & reconditioned. But mpc's aren't dead yet, they're just going through a faze until a new generation is able to bring it back to its glory days.
    Motif ES Rack, Triton Rack, Roland JV 1080 expanded, Kurzweil K2500RS, Blue LCD Ensoniq ASR10, Akai MPC 4000, Roland A-70 76 key controller are my weapons of choice.

MrWonderful is offline Insane FP Patriot
    Passe no doubt

Flying Guillotine is offline Sample surgeon
    It depends if you prefer software or hardware. If your workflow is computer based than of course the MPC is passe. But for people who rather utilize hardware, such as myself, than there is still a key role the MPC plays in production( given that the MPC is their machine of choice). I think the better question to ask is if drum machines and synth keyboards are passe because everything now is midi controllers and VSTs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information