View Poll Results: Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 38.10%
  • No

13 61.90%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Polls: Are MPC's Passe?

youngjboy Guest
    Sign in to disable this ad
    MPC's will always have a following. Of course with Maschine and other tools, many are skipping MPC's, but Akai will be back with the MPCs very shortly. Hardware MPC's still have relevance it you are in a hardware environment. I have some hardware tools and things like Maschine are great, but they are not as great at controlling a rack of modules, or multiple tier keyboards, etc.

ChrisMOE is offline AVIONA'S DADDY
    Thanks
    I believe they can still be utilized...every piece of production or dj equipment can be utilized 100

InspectahEX is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    MPCs are def not a thing of the past especially now the since the REN/studio is out, they got the forumla right from the very beginning and as long as they keep coming out with new mpc that are improve as the technology evolves I don't think they will ever be a thing of the past. If mpcs were a thing of the past NI would of never made a product trying to compete with mpcs to begin with, and I still think the workflow lacks on the maschine, there is gear from 80s that people still love and use so I don't think maschine will ever be a thing of the past as long as they keep updating it, same goes for software like fruity loops or reason, as long as these companies keep updating themselves and staying fresh they will always be getting used.
    @MIXMAF...SOUNDCLICK.COM/MIXMAFIA

ultra auris is offline Registered User
    Thanks

re

I still see them in every hip hop guy's studio I go into. Same as its been for years. I know, for me they will likely always have a place in my studios.

thunderkyss is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectahEX View Post
    MPCs are def not a thing of the past especially now the since the REN/studio is out, they got the forumla right from the very beginning and as long as they keep coming out with new mpc that are improve as the technology evolves I don't think they will ever be a thing of the past. If mpcs were a thing of the past NI would of never made a product trying to compete with mpcs to begin with, and I still think the workflow lacks on the maschine, there is gear from 80s that people still love and use so I don't think maschine will ever be a thing of the past as long as they keep updating it, same goes for software like fruity loops or reason, as long as these companies keep updating themselves and staying fresh they will always be getting used.
    I agree about the Renessaince & Studio. They take the best parts of the MPC, the hardware, the sequencer, and the best part of a PC, RAM, HD, Processing Power & put out the best of both worlds.

Preme11291 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    MPCs are a thing of the past but that's part of their appeal. The history behind them, who used them and how many crazy ways people flip them. But I would t say MPCs are outdated because they're still the most viable, affordable alternative to software and nobody seems to want to compete with MPCs so I think they'll always have a place in both hardware and software driven studios and I would definitely love to have one even if it's a 500 just to say I had one lol
    [URL="http://www.soundclick.com/thegreatmichope"]www.soundclick.com/thegreatmichope[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/osiris11291"]www.myspace.com/osiris11291[/URL]

noborders is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectahEX View Post
    I still think the workflow lacks on the maschine
    That's funny. The workflow is the best thing about Maschine and the reason why I could never go back to MPCs.

anaujiram is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    there a new mpc the mpc studio that seem pretty nice people still use mpc pad i got me an mpd pad kind of the same thing but cost less so no i would say mpc still in the game

ego killer is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    i might get a studio but i think i'll get a maschine 2 because akai seems to drop products and never fix and issues once they're out. maschine i know will get regular updates. i'm waiting till the new akai products to drop for legit reviews rather than speculation before i decide.

Preme11291 is offline Senior Member
    Thanks
    Yeah akai has seemingly abandoned the 1000 and 2500 and JJ is the one releasing the updates now lol, those XL screens mpc stuff just put out make me want an MPC 1000 so bad, it's like a mini MV-8000
    [URL="http://www.soundclick.com/thegreatmichope"]www.soundclick.com/thegreatmichope[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.myspace.com/osiris11291"]www.myspace.com/osiris11291[/URL]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information