Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NI Maschine, worth the fun factor or gets boring quick?

radiofreebc is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I love my Maschine. As a musician, I use it as a plug-in to Ableton, and it's great. There are some limitations because it's a plug in that runs seperate, but you can overcome them, and it's fun to use and really powerful. I'll link to a track I recorded with it. I have to say though, that I find Maschine most powerful as a VIDEO controller. That's right...VIDEO. I VJ for dj's and I've set it up to run Modul8, and it's AMAZING. I have the first version, and different coloured pages of pads would help, but I'm happy with the Mk1. The pads are GREAT clip triggers, and the pages of knobs affect LOTS of parameters. I'd say that the strongest thing I've found (compared to other controllers) is how great the MIDI Controller Editor is. It allows you to use the Maschine with so many other programs, and it's really intuitive. I also have an Akai APC40, and even though it has all the knobs and buttons the Maschine has, I can't use it because it's so bloody hard to program. Maschine is so simple. I've worked in television for years, and never had this much fun mixing video. I love my Maschine, and it's tons of fun. I wish I could link clips and photos, but the forum won't let me.
    Last edited by radiofreebc; 01-07-2013 at 10:52 PM.

Jorge Villalobos is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Maschine is king if you have patience to learn it.

idk Probly is offline Member
    Thanks
    mv8k runs standalone, (dubbed the MPC Killer)

Xabiton is offline Belly Flop King
    Thanks
    The MV8k died years ago. Does Roland even support it anymore? They released the 8800 and nobody cared. Nothing is killing the Mpc except for maybe Maschine.

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Xabiton View Post
    The MV8k died years ago. Does Roland even support it anymore? They released the 8800 and nobody cared. Nothing is killing the Mpc except for maybe Maschine.
    That's a good question. They might though. I was surprised to see them come and go so quick.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

rlaproductions is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    Hi Radiofreebc,

Do you have a link to a site that can explain how Maschine Mk1 can be mapped for Modul8 (I know how to map to Modul8 but do I save a Modul8 template?), or Do you have the .ncm file you can share?

Desire Inspires is offline Registered User
    Thanks
    The Maschine pretty much is the new standard for any serious producer. A hobbyist can still get away with using an MPC. But any professional level musician has a Maschine these days. It only makes sense.

P. Casso is offline Audio addict
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Desire Inspires View Post
    The Maschine pretty much is the new standard for any serious producer. A hobbyist can still get away with using an MPC. But any professional level musician has a Maschine these days. It only makes sense.
    Don't start that "standard" crap because it is not. Nice tool, great to have (I own one) but majority of the ever so large music world doesn't have it nor is it a necessity. LoL
    Last edited by P. Casso; 05-01-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    I saw a girl texting & driving the other day & it really made me mad, so I rolled down my window & threw my whiskey flask at her.

Pherm B Leeva is offline Pherm B Leeva
    Thanks
    I have the latest version of maschine, yes it's very versatile and fun to use, I agree it's a nice tool and performs quite well, but I wouldn't use it on it's own as a DAW, it's mainly my sequencer/ sampler, I rely heavily on Ableton (like others) as my personal choice DAW. Would I recommend it to others? Yes, I think so, free software upgrades are a bonus and the hardware functionality is pretty cool as a controller with other software.
    MUSIC IS THE ARITHMETIC OF SOUNDS -​Debussy

Blk Aza is offline Registered User
    Thanks

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information