New sampler/sequencer/beat machine from Beatkangz

thank you for answering my questions.
i guess the price is still under wraps.

i really don't know about your beef with akai but i don't really like them cuz i bought mpc1k(new) and two of the buttons were crippled outta the box. who needs that?

as far as the language, do as you like sir. but i will say one final thing on it; i am from the south and i had to learn to hide my drawl, not cuz i was ashamed but bc my students couldn't understand me. i'm just saying that i coulda been myself either way but i have a much better job bc i thought of people who might not want to learn english one specific way. i fall back on it but i don't let it undermine me. what i was gettin' at is you're product looks like it would be good for many genres but your language style suggests otherwise.

again, i wish you the best of luck. i hope to buy one some day; especially if it's priced nice and it does indeed become available here in the east.

"Men are born to succeed, not fail."

"Men have become the tools of their tools."

"If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. Men will believe what they see."

all by:
Henry David Thoreau

sorry my quotes aren't as hip
'lol'tastic

to the creators

looks interesting, and i dont mind the fact your going after akai, because you seem to be bringing what everyone else is asking akai to bring in a the mpc.

i mainly use software, but have always wanted a mpc but the price has kept me away.

so just a heads up, i would say your product is gonna have to be cheaper then say, an mpc1000, even if it is better. Akai has made a name for themselves, that will be tough to overcome, its a trust factor.

Id love to actually play around with one, just to hear response time.

BEATKANGZ said:
64 voice
16 level with velocity yes
yes sounds and and patterns are editable
Will be available world wide.

As for the marketing. We are who we are and make no apology for that..... We are going after Akai because they came to our studio, blew smoke up our a$$, got us to trust them and then tried to steal our idea with the xr 20. They Even jacked some our sounds so its very personal. They took food out of my son's mouth at a time we were really struggling just trying to make ends meat....... So now its war. It was either 187 or find a way to build a machine. They should be glad we found a way to do it where they could at least not have to die. This aint no game to us. A man who has just had his dream stolen and has no money to provide for his fam is a very dangerous serious person.
Imagine having one of your best songs stolen by a major artist when you have a baby on the way....
Well that explains why you're going at Akai.If this story is true then yeah the gloves are off and do you..BUT,
You're from the ghetto,so?I'm from the ghetto too and that doesn't mean a dam thing in the business world..I like that your standing behind your product as you should do.And I may even cop it when it drops because yall did your thing with the SB-246 soundset but calling potential customers "haters" ain't gonna line people up around the corner to buy it..Not tyring to tell you how too run your business but try coming at the skeptics at a different angle other than "you a hater".It might help with sales.....

by the way welcome to the forums and thanks for the extra specs info...

Last edited by a moderator:
BEATKANGZ said:
Be a hater

Here's how I see it. You have a cool product with some cool ideas. I bought a SB-246 right after it was announced in the fall of 2005 I think. It has great sounds in it and I have told plenty of people about in person and on web sites. I personally know Mannie Fresh and LRoc use one among other people in the Atlanta area. Your new machine looks more like a E-MU MP-7/ASR-X/SP-606 and looks nothing like a MPC. SO TO CALL IT A MPC KILLA ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CHEAP COMPANY THAT HASN'T A CLUE. Promote your machine as a new product and quit being a hater towards other products. Check the forums to see I'm right. And yeah I will probably end up with one of these just chill on the MPC Killa crap.

PS. Nobody gives a crap about your beef with Akai. Remember the saying "It's only business"?

I'm not interested in your sounds to be honest

but what does the sampling sound like in comparison to the ASR, EPS, SP, MPC?

Change the marketing, please. I don't know if that wealthy real estate agent is making you do all this stereotypical nonsense, but these types of advertisements need to go.

A lot of people here are saying that your target market is the 14 year old beat maker, and while that may seem true at first, the specs of the machine show that it is intended for anyone wanting to make some serious music.

One last thing. Is there any way to increase the sequencer resolution?

Godspeed to you brothers. I am definitely copping one of these.

This is in response to burster.

Does a unit need to be designed like a MPC in order to destroy it? Of course not. Hell, I believe the asr x pro is a mpc destroyer. The mpc has a slightly more glitch-free sequencer and I definitely prefer the mpc pads over the asr x pads, but the asr x still ****s on my mpc 2000xl very hard.

I don't blame these cats for hating on akai. Even AKAI USERS hate on akai/numark. This cat also says that akai stole their idea with the xr20. Which i believe.

Please tone down the ads. This isn't 1998 and ****. I know you guys got a good product. A clssic, even perhaps, and best of luck to you.

Last edited:
I think this will do well, despite this being one of the most oversaturated markets (small cheap sampler/drum machines). I'm just not so sure how crazy I am about this "culture driving the technology" thing. Look at the classics, TR-808/909, MPC60, SP-12, etc. These pieces were originally first used by 80's rock and pop bands, but their design was timeless, which lead to their elevation of legendary status among dance and hip hop music. I feel like culture changes, good musical instruments shouldn't.

lvngdead said:
Does a unit need to be designed like a MPC in order to destroy it? Of course not. Hell, I believe the asr x pro is a mpc destroyer. The mpc has a slightly more glitch-free sequencer and I definitely prefer the mpc pads over the asr x pads, but the asr x still ****s on my mpc 2000xl very hard.

I don't blame these cats for hating on akai. Even AKAI USERS hate on akai/numark. This cat also says that akai stole their idea with the xr20. Which i believe.

Please tone down the ads. This isn't 1998 and ****. I know you guys got a good product. A clssic, even perhaps, and best of luck to you.

I have to disagree about the ASR-X shi*ing on a MPC. I had a black ARX-X for a while and while it was nice it is long gone while MPC's still have a place in my setup. I also have a ASR-10 that's not going anywhere but, that's a totally different beast and discussion. MPC's have multiple midi outs, 16 levels, 16 pads which give you over a octave to write with in 16 level mode, excellent pads and a list of other things that the competition is still trying to get right. Sure Akai might have taken there idea but, the XR-20 is nothing for the Beat Kangz to be stressing about. If anything the Beat Kangz stole the SP-606 body style and lighted pads. The pad arraignment was also taken from the ASR-X/MP-7/XL-7. The MP-7 also came with a Hip-Hop soundset and the ASR-X could have the Urban Dance Project expansion installed so this is nothing new. To make the Beat Thang a true MPC killa it also needs to be a replacer. Without at least 4 midi outs and 16 pads for a correctly implemented 16 level mode it will just be another sampling drum machine to me. Another thing to remember is this is there first product that was created within a certain budget. If it makes them enough money I'm sure we will see a larger budget product. All this being said. I will probably get one.

MP 2500 specs...

Compact Flash:Type-II, support up to 2GB

Hard Drive (optional):IDE 2.5" hard drive

Memory: 16MB installed
Can be expanded to 128MB

Analog Input/Output:
(2) Balanced 1/4" Inputs
(10) Balanced 1/4" Outputs
(1) Headphone Output
Digital Input/Output:
(1) Coaxial S/PDIF Input [RCA]
(1) Coaxial S/PDIF Output [RCA]
MIDI Input/Output:
(2) MIDI Input [5-pin DIN]
(4) MIDI Output [5-pin DIN]
Other Input/Output:
(2) 1/4" Footswitch
(1) USB [Slave only]
Levels:
Analog Input = +10dBu
Analog Output = +17dBu
Sampler Resolution: 16bit/44.1kHz

Sampler Recording Time:
136sec [16MB/MONO]
24min 28sec [128MB/MONO]
Sequencer Details:100,000 at 96ppq
99 Sequences with total 64 tracks per seq
20 Songs with total 250 steps per song
Pad Details:
16 (velocity and pressure sensitive)
4 Pad Banks [A, B, C, D][/SIZE]

I think this "thang" sounds cool. I'm glad someone is thinking about us little people. I got a streetboxx and the sounds are cool. I like the fact that it's portable and i can make up stuff anywhere. And It don't take forever to make a beat on it. I'm looking forward to seeing what they did on this machine.

burster1 said:
Got it. It's probably going to have some dope sounds it but dam*, 16 tracks and 1 midi in/out ain't replacin' my MPC. Git the h*ll on. :hello:

I think usb in and out is a better feature. If it's anything like the streetboxx, I wont have to wait forever to make something cool.. their sounds are dope!!! I'll probably buy one but I'm wondering about the 16 tracks too.. That's all the tracks I get for how much?

burster1 said:
Here's how I see it. You have a cool product with some cool ideas. I bought a SB-246 right after it was announced in the fall of 2005 I think. It has great sounds in it and I have told plenty of people about in person and on web sites. I personally know Mannie Fresh and LRoc use one among other people in the Atlanta area. Your new machine looks more like a E-MU MP-7/ASR-X/SP-606 and looks nothing like a MPC. SO TO CALL IT A MPC KILLA ONLY MAKES YOU LOOK LIKE A CHEAP COMPANY THAT HASN'T A CLUE. Promote your machine as a new product and quit being a hater towards other products. Check the forums to see I'm right. And yeah I will probably end up with one of these just chill on the MPC Killa crap.

PS. Nobody gives a crap about your beef with Akai. Remember the saying "It's only business"?

Yeah.. "it's Only Business" That's the american way...to rob the little guy of his ideas and make a profit off him. Like the indians and Black people. It seems like piracy if you ask me. Screw what this "Buster" says.. I'll buy this product simply because Akai is apart of what's wrong with american culture. The xr-20?... looks like a rip off once I see this "Thang".

I'm glad now that I have never had an MPC. Mainly cause it looks too complex to operate and too expensive. But I got a streetboxx, Cubase and Fruity loops as my 1st project studio and make some hot music here. The streetboxx is my note pad and fruity loops as my canvas and cubase for tracking. If this "Thang" combines all that in one unit. I'm Down with The "Beat Kangz".

GT200 said:
I think usb in and out is a better feature. If it's anything like the streetboxx, I wont have to wait forever to make something cool.. their sounds are dope!!! I'll probably buy one but I'm wondering about the 16 tracks too.. That's all the tracks I get for how much?

As for USB, sure it's cool and I use it and Bluebox software to make programs for my 2500 but, I have a rack of synths so 4 midi outs is what I need. I also have a Streetbox and sampled all of it's sounds into my MC-909 and now use the samples in my 2500 and Reason

Here is how I figure the Beat Thang works. You will have 16 tracks that each have a factory programmed or user drumset on them. You will then be able to mute the drum sounds inside the track instead of just on a per track basis. This is a ingenious way of muting sounds and creating sub-tracks inside of the 16 main tracks. The one spec that is missing is how many sub-tracks/sounds can be triggered/played inside the 16 main tracks. My guess is 12 to 16 to match up with the 12 main pads or the 16 pads assigned to the 16 Level mode. Remember these have to be easily accessed when this is used in a live DJ setup.

Last edited:
Beat Thang Specs

Beat Thang Specs:

2 SD Card Slots that will hold 32Gig each with no load times

USB Connects to any Hard drive, USB keys can also be read and write to

256 MB Ram Stock!

512 Flash for user content on board. Higher if its a custom order

Stereo Mic Line input with Phantom Power

Midi In and Out

USB in and out

Stereo output (Export your tracks to .Wav ) outs can be resampled

Foot Switch

Long Life Rechargeable Battery

16bit 44.1

Sampling, and Resampling of outputs

70mins onboard Tons if you have SD cards

Sequencer:

More notes than we can count at 96PPQ

1000 sequences
500 songs

Individual Bar Length which can be changed in real time even while recording.

Quantize and Swing can be changed in real-time to.

All your Songs, Sequences, Beats, Kits, Patches, Samples and settings that are on your SD cards are always there and show up just like the presets.

13 Pads with Velocity
8 Pad banks per track
16 Tracks

Pad and Track mute and Solo

Mixer with level control FX send, Pan, Pitch Automation, Filter and EQ Automation per Track including (Low Pass, Band Pass, Hi pass, Low Shelf, High Shelf and Notch, Automated Q control to)

Dynamic Kit and Patch creator which is easy and to use. Samples can all have categories (Kicks, Snares Hats etc) App for converting your own samples into the categories and the ability to create your own.

16 Layers per PAD with velocity, pan, pitch ,cut off, res and volume control

Can create multilayerd patches that span a keyboard from one pad or multiple. Each bank can have a different patch (keys and bass or drums and synth )

FX: REVERB, Tempo Sync Delay, Phaser, Flanger, Chorus, Distortion, Rec noise and lo fi, Reverse record, Chopped and Screw'd tube emulation and more. Will be open to 3rd parties

Mastering with 4 band eq and brick wall limiting with gain control

Preset Sounds.....

Grimy dirty stuff and hi res nice clean samples. We recorded strings in
bad ass studios and there are tons of new string chops, Horns and Brass, a ton of Flutes,

Hundreds of new Electric and acoustic guitar patches and chops from WestBound and Motown guitarist LEROY EMMANUEL lmtconnection dot com

Hundreds of New hits and stabs, Crazy sweeps and twisted FX. More Kicks snares and hats than you can count in all genres and different qualities, Vox

REAL BEAT BOX by Chesney Snow

Bass by NADIR distortedsoul

Every Sound a Tabla can make with accurate traditional names
Extensive Latin and African Percussion
Keys ,synths, Old detuned pianos and electric pianos,
Vibes, and organs,

2 Screw holes so it Swangz from a chain

Custom Paint jobs and can custom LED colors

Every Key Lights so you can work in the DARK.

Tons more but im tired of typing.

Ok ok one more lil thing there will be a crazy computer APP too.... Details on that later (Yes it will have a kit builder with drag and drop)

Sound to good to be True well come see us at Namm. For those who cant make it we'll film it.

We value your feedback and the MP killa talk is Squashed.... For NOW

We just wanted to get your attention.... And it worked

We plan to hire our users to help run the company as we grow and will promote people by talent and drive. We will host Battles and offer cash prizes that will be huge..... We will sign talent and help you get your companies and dreams going if we can help.

Whether you want or need a new machine we are all in this together so Help us make this Thang Bang and keep Beat Machine music alive....... Like we said we are doing this for you.

The price will be reasonable considering we threw everything in and the kitchen sink. Less than a mp2500

I know Corporate Bloggers when i meet them. Beware what you read on any blogs the Enemy lurks everywhere. These companies have bloggers on staff who will say anything to keep the stat quo and freeze out competition.

Thank you for the thousands of emails in a few days with support and positive feedback....

We are gonna make you a great product and always support you in more ways than just with the tech side. We listen to and make more than hip hop our machine can be used for classical if you like because the strings are gonna be great. But Hip Hop is our first Love and deserves some attention and dedication from the MI world considering its the number one music in the world, the voice of a generation and merly an after thought the the Big MI Corporations. Hip Hop came from the gutter and the ghetto and made something out of nothing and met harsh critisisim from the stat quo musician "not real music" and "just a fad" dont sleep on that 14 and 15 year old armed with a ghetto machine with more new sounds and power than yours..... I know 15 year olds that will merk most established producers in the game.
The next Generation is Coming and we gett'n some Thangz ready for them....

The proof will be in the pudding and we plan to be Bill Cosby up in this mug!

Rage against the Machine.... Stay yourself in the face of a hurricane of hate and you will make it.

Peace in Gaza

KANGZ

You Will have 8 banks of 13 pads per track x 16 tracks and can easily switch between them quickly and every key lights up so the Beat Thang is perfect for DJ's. Plus its small enough to fit in with there rig.

4 midi outs i understand if you have allot of modules but really bro......... You need 4 at once to make your beats? if so God bless you! Thats to much work for me when im trying to put it down and have an idea. The Thang will have more sounds than 4 modules combined and will have the ability to expand like a computer! Sample your modules in the Thang and get un hooked from the midi ball and chain.

We making crazy beats on 4 tracks. Less is more most of the time i find but do your Thang its cool.

Thanks for the feedback

Kangz

Last edited by a moderator:
BEATKANGZ said:
Beat Thang Specs:

2 Screw holes so it Swangz from a chain

So im probably gonna be the only idiot that does this right??

lol

You Will have 8 banks of 13 pads per track x 16 tracks and can easily switch between them quickly and every key lights up so the Beat Thang is perfect for DJ's. Plus its small enough to fit in with there rig.

4 midi outs i understand if you have allot of modules but really bro......... You need 4 at once to make your beats? if so God bless you! Thats to much work for me when im trying to put it down and have an idea. The Thang will have more sounds than 4 modules combined and will have the ability to expand like a computer! Sample your modules in the Thang and get un hooked from the midi ball and chain.

We making crazy beats on 4 tracks. Less is more most of the time i find but do your Thang its cool.

Thanks for the feedback

BEATKANGZ said:
The price will be reasonable considering we threw everything in and the kitchen sink. Less than a mp2500
So is it less than a MPC2500 but more than a MPC1000?
Just tryin to narrow down the price window a little bit.:)

i actually find it kind of interesting... since its popping up @ namm we will all see some vids soon im sure

tho i'll still be waiting patiently for the next namm to see what roger linn and dave smith finally have built after all this time :)

BEATKANGZ said:
We value your feedback and the MP killa talk is Squashed.... For NOW

You gotta good product so don't try to convert us MPC users and just sell us on a box that we can use with our beloved MPC's. For new beat writers this box sounds like it will have a s**tload of kickin' sounds included just like the SB-246 does and might be a great first box.

FWIW. Negativity will tie your mind up and bog you down. Twist that s**t around and rise above.

FWIW. Negativity will tie your mind up and bog you down. Twist that s**t around and rise above.[/QUOTE]

I'm just lookin at it like, akai has money... these guys have ideas, why couldnt they just work together? Cause Akai are pirates by the sounds and looks of it. Most big corporations are but I just want the damn thing. It sounds like what I need.

FYI...I am native american just observing how history repeats itself, buster.

Back