Need help transferring mpc songs from CF card to PC...

Flossbee

I'm trying to transfer my songs from the MPC to the PC via a compact flash card, but everytime I load it up all my sequences only show up as undentified files and not wave files. The only items that show as playable wave files are the programs and samples. How do I get the songs to show up on my PC as wave files?

Were you under the impression that you could just put together songs on the MPC and simply transfer them to a PC? Where did you get such an idea?

Flossbee said:
I'm trying to transfer my songs from the MPC to the PC via a compact flash card, but everytime I load it up all my sequences only show up as undentified files and not wave files. The only items that show as playable wave files are the programs and samples. How do I get the songs to show up on my PC as wave files?

...........you cant, you need to record the song to the PC into a DAW if you want the songs on your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which Mpc Are You Using? Are You Trying To Play The Wavs On Your Pc, Or Just Transfer Them? The Pc Is Not Gunna Recognise Some Of The Mpc File Names, But You Can Still Transfer Them To Your Pc For Storage. If U Want Ur Beat On The Pc, You Either Gotta Track The Beat Out, (record Each Individual Sound, To Its Own Track) Or Save Your Song As One Big Wav File & Save It On The Flash & Load It Into The Pc,

I've been having my MPC 1000 for about 3 months working on my craft and everything is still loaded onto my flash cards. Now it's about time I put something on wax and load it up on the PC. The compact flash method (if possible) would be the most convenient method seeing as how I don't have a PC anywhere near my MPC. I may just have to unhook everything one day and track as many beats out as possible on my roommates PC. My own personal PC is currently in the works, but I was just trying to find a away around it for the time being.

But hey Tony Tone, how would I save my MPC songs as one big wave?file.

Flossbee said:
But hey Tony Tone, how would I save my MPC songs as one big wave?file.

By recording them as audio. If you can't track them into your pc, try somthing like a minidisc recorder or somthing of that nature. The isn't anyway to export (or bounce)your sequences to audio.

There IS a way to take a song/sequence and make it into a large wav from the mpc.

you can only do it wit the 1000, or 2500 tho.

Back