Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: MPC vs Maschine vs Other options

Wontu is offline Registered User

MPC vs Maschine vs Other options

Sign in to disable this ad
    Dear Future Producers,
    I've been making beats on FL studio 10 for the past few or so months and I really enjoy it and would love to keep making them.
    I want to move on and past FL Studio, though and I have done some research and such.
    I am stuck between an MPC 2000XL and a Native Instruments Maschine.
    I want to make hip hop music that includes sampling and jazzy instruments and such. I also play guitar and keyboard.
    My favorite producer would have to be Exile, definitely the work he's done with Blu.

Can someone help me with my decision?
    I'm open for other options as well
    thank you..

-Wontu

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:20 PM ----------

and is the MPC4000 worth an extra 100-200?

GodParticle is offline Registered User
    I started on FL then went to Maschine then to an MPC 2000XL along with an ASR 10. Then I sold everything, traveled for awhile then came back got re-geared and am now back on FL. I also want a Maschine though, and I think with Studio One it would be an awesome pair.

Wontu is offline Registered User
    thanks for the response,
    what would make you want to get a maschine and not an MPC again?

GodParticle is offline Registered User
    Didn't care for the MP. Doing basic things was very slow and time consuming.

InspectahEX is offline Registered User
    The maschine would definitely be better then the 2000xl, the 2000xl is slow as hell, though I would rather have a 2500 w/jjos/5000/Ren over the maschine because they are all faster then the maschine, just the maschine comes with a lot of good sounds and has more effects, if you're good with Fruity loops then why dont u stick with that and get better?
    @MIXMAF...SOUNDCLICK.COM/MIXMAFIA

noborders is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by InspectahEX View Post
    I would rather have a 2500 w/jjos/5000/Ren over the maschine because they are all faster then the maschine
    No, they're not. Just because you're more used to one thing doesn't mean it has a better/faster workflow. Hardware MPC's slow ass process for tracking out to computer makes it so much slower than Maschine.

thunderkyss is offline Registered User
    I've never used an MPC, or Maschine. I've got an MV8800 & it's alright. I'm slowly learning how to use it as generally go straight to the computer. Record/sample bits & pieces, copy & paste.

I recently had to go on a trip & decided to take the MV with me & learn how to use it. First issue, you need a huge suitcase to stick this thing in. Any of the MPCs would have fit into a regular sized suitcase much easier.

I learned how to record patterns in the MV, then play those patterns from the pads & record in real time. That's a pretty cool way to work. I think you can do the same thing on an MPC. Also looks like you can do the same with Live & a Live controller....... I think I may be going that way.

One thing I do not like about the MV & I think it's the same way with an MPC, is that it is a lot of work, very time consuming, to take a construction kit type CD chop it up into loops & properly name each loop. This is much easier/faster in ProTools & Sonar & I would imagine other software DAWs as well.

Cyko is offline Registered User
    The best thing to do is go into the music store and test these things out for yourself. I learned on an mpc 3000 it's a great machine. In fact most of their units are good but I like maschine better because it's a lot faster!

Here are some articles that might help you

Mpc 2000 Vs Maschine - NI User Forums
    Mpc or Maschine | Maschine Vs Mpc

K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲ is offline K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲
    I've always been a fan of the MPC for the sound & the interraction more than anything, The maschine is good & quick, I just feel like its a little unstable program wise though. My mate has one & I don't know why but it crash often when you use the programs vsts, I mean it may just be the macbook but I've heard of the same issue before, sucks because there has been times where we lost projects cause the program crashs. IMO u should wait till the MPC renaissance comes out though.
    K ▲ L Y Y U G ▲
    http://soundcloud.com/kalyyuga

StylesAndFlavor is offline Registered User
    Im feeling the same way, Ive been looking hard at some MPCs but now looking at pre ordering a maschine.

I keep reading how much faster and better the maschine is but still something keeps drawing me to the MPC. Im 50/50 right now. Maschine seems like the best of both worlds to be honest and looks to have a way better workflow.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information