Which MPC SHOULD I GET?

tcech

i recently bought a 2000xl off ebay for relatively cheap... it just came in and it looks worn out and outdated.. im most likely going to return it.. :mad: lol

I was wondering if anyone could let me know which mp to get this time, the 1000, 2500, or another 2000xl... the 2000xls seem to be a little old and i would have to get equiptment to transfer sounds from my comp to the mpc because it only has a zip drive (annoying) wheareas i hear the 1000 has usb?? anyways, if anyone cold give me some pros and cons, that would be great! thanks!:D

Not to be a d*** or anything but you had that coming to you if u didn't research the gear first. But u'll be better off with a 1k or 2500 if storage and tranferring are your main concerns but honestly a 2kxl is dope and if used right, u will bang out da same sh!t on da 2kxl as you would on da 1k.... research my frined... about 5 minutes of searching and reading could've saved you this headache

[F_or_DEAF] said:
how "relatively" cheap???

i got it for $300 off ebay, a lot cheaper than wat i was seeing on other sites... An yah lol i feel like a dip**** for not reading more on the MPC, i guess i just always figured they could hook up to the computer and transfer/save sounds... anyways, thanks for the feedback.. neone lookin to buy an MP can pm me, im about to put it on ebay so get at me with an offer if ur tryna get it! Peace

Take the zip out and put in a card reader... It's fairly simple to do... That's still a great machine!

Apparently I'm not allowed to post links yet.

Google "replace card reader mpc2000xl". The first hit has a lot of info.

Don't know how bad a shape the MPC was in but you can't go wrong with the MPC 2000XL. I would keep it if I were you.

I had a 2000XL for years, and I can't tell you how happy I was after switching to a 2500. The 2500 is leaps and bounds better. It used to be a painful process to load samples onto the card/zip/floppy load them onto the MPC, then save everything back, then back it up. It was a pain, now I can directly access the hard drive through USB and save and load all my files right there and back up everything on my computer.

Let me put it this way i owned mpc 4000 and recently i got me an MV-8000 brand new fully loaded.MPC use to be tha sht,but these new mpc's are not worth sht,i tried out mpc 2500 and 5000.The fact is roland is here to stay with mv and will walk all over akai thats the fact the only mpc that's still is a beast is mpc 4000 if you getting mpc make it 4000 you won't regret it.

The MP 2000XL is a great machine...but yes saving and backin up your files can be a pain. If you want the efficiency of saving and backin up easily then the 2500 is your choice. I myself was able to get a good deal on the 2000XL-mcd that I have...and at the time of purchase the 2500 was still relatively new and was still running for around 2000$ which I didnt have ! lol So the 2000XL is doing me just fine. If I see a good deal for the 2500...maybe ill trade in...but for now im good

Back