!!!!!!!mpc To The Pc!!!!!!!!!!!!

L

lunytunes

ight guys....im not understanding this still.........so look this is what i need to do ASAP..........

....ight i got a mpc2000XL n i just bought a soundcard for my PC (Soundblaster Live) so wut i need to do is as soon as i finish a beat on da mpc i need to send it to da PC so i can put my beats on a CD....how do u guys throw ur beats on CDs by da way? but anyways das wut i need to do....i need to kno wut i need to record da beats into da PC like wut programs to use....i would really appreciate da help...i need to put some beats on a CD ASAP...so i would reallllyyyyyyyyyyy appreciate the help.....i would return da favor if yall ever need anything......thanx

You need a recording program to record your MPC. Cubase is a good one. Hook up the stereo outputs of the mpc into your Soundcard and record that ish into cubase. You could record it track by track or you could just do a stereo mix.

yooooooo misscc dat helped out alot...thanks a lot....but i got one question left if yall dont mind....am i only able to record track by track to my PC....or can i record a song from da MPC to da PC????.....i really dont see y u would record track by track into da PC, arent u pretty much makin da beat all over again in da PC????i dunno y but i just dont seem to understand this....sorry ppl...

lunytunes said:
yooooooo misscc dat helped out alot...thanks a lot....but i got one question left if yall dont mind....am i only able to record track by track to my PC....or can i record a song from da MPC to da PC????.....i really dont see y u would record track by track into da PC, arent u pretty much makin da beat all over again in da PC????i dunno y but i just dont seem to understand this....sorry ppl...

Thanks for allowing me to help you. But um the whole point about recording individual tracks is for mixing purposes. Cause if you record the whole beat from your instruments then you dont have control over the kick, snare, or clap, ect... SO havin each track separate allows you more control over what gets panned, lowered, raised, ect... Also if you plan on sellin tracks many are going to want the tracks indiviudally so doing that helps a ton. Also you can track out(record) two tracks at a time with your MPC. Pan one hard left and pan the other hard right. Or Im pretty sure you have been reading bout people buyin the 8 outs. You can use that to track out(record) more tracks to your PC. If you do get the 8 outs (IM NOT SAYING YOU HAVE TO) you will then have a total of 10 outs to track out so therefore you will be able to track out 10 sounds(kick, snare, ect...) Well I wont go more into details inless you need me to. I hope something I said helped.

ONe

again...thanks a lot i appreciate u takin time out ur schedule to help me out on this.....i pretty much understood everything u said....but one more question...wut is da best program to use to record into my PC...an i dont want to do it thru da PC...is buyin a 16 track recorder a better idea or should i stick wit da PC idea?

R u sayin u want to record your wrk analog and only want to burn cd's on the computer? if this is the case you should save your money on a pc program and use that usb baby! wavs

yea das wut im pretty much sayin but da problem is dat da 2000xl doesnt have USB.....so what happens now?

If you just want to be able to record your beats for the sole purpose of putting them on cd (not tracking to mix) you can just hook up the mpc to the soundcard and in a pinch use windows recorder to record the beats. If you want to mix your beats then you want to go track by track and you'll need a program that has multi tracking functions you may also want to get a midi interface like the maudio uno so that you can sync your mpc to the program. Also if your going to be tracking and recording stuff you may want to look into a better sound card the the soundblaster.

Back