MPC or Maschine?

The sample engine in the mpc isn't special. Any sound you can get out of a 1k you can get out of a computer... And this statement is coming from some one that owns/ has owned several mpc's and a maschine

Word especially the 1000 there is no special sound coming out of that.

The sample engine in the mpc isn't special. Any sound you can get out of a 1k you can get out of a computer... And this statement is coming from some one that owns/ has owned several mpc's and a maschine

I just wanted to add that the Maschine may even be more versatile when it comes to this because it comes with several Lofi plug-in effects to give you something like that SP-1200 sound.

I would go with the Maschine, more adapted if you're already on a Daw and probably already have a lot of plug ins ...MPC is not really dope with VST's, it's better to sequence hardware synths...

I would go with the Maschine, more adapted if you're already on a Daw and probably already have a lot of plug ins ...MPC is not really dope with VST's, it's better to sequence hardware synths...

mpc sequences vsts the same as they sequences hardware which is very very well.

Another note... The maschine is a lot more versatile than the mpc and other than the lack of time stretching the mashine has the mpc out classed in terms of feature set but I have to say that I found the mpc was a lot easier to learn to use for me. I also like the sequencer better but to be fair thats coming from someone that has used an mpc for years and a maschine for a couple of months. Also for years I had an aversion to software sequencers so...

The MPC RENAISSANCE is about to drop, and nobody here seems to know that is bye-bye beddy-time for the Mass-Chine...

I'd rather spend that kind of money on something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

but I would rather save 2 grand more and get the SXE.

Sampling looks fun on this thing.

Once again these big name companies are late......or either the innovative companies are too far ahead.

Last edited:
Quik.jpg

Korg Kronos 73 | Musician's Friend

I'd rather spend that kind of money on something waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better.

but I would rather save 2 grand more and get the SXE.

Sampling looks fun on this thing.

Once again these big name companies are late......or either the innovative companies are too far ahead.

I promise you the Rhizome is dope beyond belief. I have the SXE, very intuitive.

i honestly can't answer as i haven't used a maschine, but i've used the mpc 500 and 1000 and they are both dope, the 1000 much more so. i might try a maschine myself, either that or a sp-555.

I had the mpc 2000xl and the 1000 and I used Mashine now i'm all software ableton live. I u want my opinion the mpc are great machine but they are limited they are mainly phrase and drum samplers. Music making is more complex now with the use of keyboard , sample library etc... So the best you can do is to get a real DAW like logic or ableton or pro tools etc. And instead of getting Mashine, just get the NI Komplete because don't forget it's all about your Sound and komplete has tons of it. An just get a controler keyboard.With Mashine u are paying for the controller and the software has been cripled so it could not be a competition to NI Kontact their flagship sampler. If I was rich and i was asked to buy ever an MPC or Maschine , I would choose the MPC because I already have a DAW and akai are only making controller Now so buying the MPC would be like buying a piece of history 90 era Music and it will hold it's value even increase because they are the last hardware samplers. Hope it help. Check the NOTE REPEATER application from the MAC app store for the mpc note repeat type function. There is the video on youtube check it out

I've been using a computer to make my beats since... well forever thus far. I haven't tried an MPC before but it's something I wouldn't mind learning how to use. But that sh*t be expensive.

There's a new MPC coming out called the "MPC Renaissance" which looks just like the classic MPC 3000 but is basically similar to what Maschine does. It's a controller with a DAW.
It's basically the MPC DAW.

The Maschine is an ugly piece of gear anyway. If the software is comparable to Maschine i would go with the MPC Renaissance. I think it's gonna be the best MPC ever cause it's a whole DAW coming with it.

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

But i'm not sure if the MPC DAW can compare to something like FL Studio. But it kinda looks the same in the videos.
I mean it has a Sequencer/Mixer/Piano Roll/Sampler/Synths VSTi's all build in 1 just like FL Studio.

I'm thinking about getting the MPC Renaissance but i'm gonna wait for a half year first before i buy it. I want to hear the reviews first. And most people don't learn an entire Sequencer/DAW in 1 month.

Ive had a mpc 2500 and 4000 but had to sell due to short money and now I have maschine and just bought a mpc 3000. The truth is that maschine is fast and sampling is no hassle at all but once youve been on a 3000 the maschine becomes a toy instantly. But ram is the only hold back for me on the 3000 yet the work flow and sequencer is tighter than maschine hands down and it does somewhat change the tone of samples u sample in it mostly snares and percussion.ill be selling maschine and be either getting the rennasance or mpc studio for drum layering.

P.s the 3000 and 4000 have a dual midi out function were u can trigger 2 hardware synths and layer the sounds for a big sound. I think the ren will have this in a different way were u can choose either hardware or vst and layer sounds together. If the ren has the same fill and no big jitters on the software I will sell the 3000.

i made all my beats just with a keystation 49e midi keyboard!

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:13 PM ----------

yeah, and my choice is maschine! just used to software

---------- Post added 02-13-2013 at 12:45 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-26-2013 at 08:21 PM ----------

i do music with vst, but i love mpc for the sound. u if u want make only hip hop beats and u got many vinyls then buy mpc, i used to digg samples from the internet

Last edited by a moderator:
I've owned and used the MPC60II, MPC2000XL and now Maschine. Those days I've produced complete tracks, full albums and remixes entirely with the MPC alone with no computer. It was difficult and very limiting but I didn't know better, so I made the best of what I had and it was totally awesome and inspiring. These days with the Maschine, I need to lug around my Macbook Pro, which in total weighs more than the MPC and takes up more space on a desk. I still produce tracks and stuff with an amazing sound library by Komplete, but somehow I really miss the MPC. In fact I feel the need to get back the MPC right now. I still consider the MPC as the best stand-alone portable FULL music production centre with no need for a computer.

Back