Mpc 2500, 4000 or 5000

Meyagi

I need help, im upgrading my 2000XL and I need some input on which would be better. I want the hard drive to store, and the USB to just transfer sounds right from the PC. So which would be a better (best) sampler???

Er Umm, 8000 or 8800
:)

Ha ha. I was debating buying a 8800 when I bought my MPC2500, but I didn't feel like dealing with the learning curve that I've heard so much about and seen in videos; coming from a 2000XL.

I need help, im upgrading my 2000XL and I need some input on which would be better. I want the hard drive to store, and the USB to just transfer sounds right from the PC. So which would be a better (best) sampler???

All three offer what you want. You need to compare the three to see what else appeals to you from each. And if ALL you want is the hard drive and USB features, just get a 1000.

Since the 5000 cost less then the 4000 and only 400 more then the 2500 I think the 5000 is the best choice...

I don`t get excited about 24 bit sampling.
Now 8 or 12 bit I would get excited about ;)
there are already a ton of 12 or 8 bit samplers. how many 24 bit samplers are out there? i cant believe more people aren't making 24 bit samplers to be honest.

the potential for clearer samples. How can 24 bit sampling or even higher what is technology up to now 64? And you are telling me they wont make a mpc beyond 16. Why?

I appreciate the help, I think. Im still undecided though. im really lookin at the 5000, but the 2500 is more compact. 5000 sounds like where its at though.

Basically you have to know what you want, and what you're buying. The only reason i got the 5000 aside from the 2500 was because i wanted more Q-links and knobs (which to my surprise i hardly use) and the bigger screen. The 5000 is pretty much a BIG 2500 with a built in synth, which i know i'll NEVER use.

Im just mad they pissed JJ off before he could make an OS for it :(

Back