MPC 2000xl or Fl studio + MPD

BigBrian

Hey FP which would you recommend? I am currently using Fl and an MPD to make beats. Is it equivilent to making beats in the MPC alone. MPC users tell me what made you use hardware and not software. I'm having trouble deciding. Tell me the Pros and Cons. Thanks.

Brian, I have FL + korg PADkontrol and Battery 3 and I love it... If in right hands it may be the very last thing you'll need for laying down drums. With a low budget ofcourse :)

I've had both the fl studio, and an mpc 1000. Cool thing bout the 1000 is when you're working on music... you're working on music, non of that... I wonder what's going down on facebook. Also on an mpc creativity seems to flow a lot nicer.
If you work a lot with live instruments and use the trigger for drums, then mpd is the way. If you want that creativity from chopping samples and doing your own thing, mpc is the way. That's simply my opinion.
I used the mpd because i could intergrade my live guitars, battery, and some other soft synths on pro tools, without too much hassle.

Hot Beatz
http://thebeatspot.com

I won't tell you what to go with, but if you stay with the MPD + FL, I guarantee you, everyday you will wonder about the MPC, and whether you should get it.

I think if you're doing well with the FL and mpd stick with it. But like RB productions said, you'll be wondering about an mpc everyday unless you're content with what you got.

I'd much rather have an MP. But that's me. A stock mpc 60 and a s900 do it for me. 2000xl for cleaner sound. The workflow of an MP is something you'd have to learn all over again which is why I think if your good with what you got, stay with it. But coming from an MPC fan, I never want to jump on a FL or any software joints just because I'm content with what I'm using now.

Dude...I have an MPC 1000 and an MV-8800 and I love them both but I think that Fruity Loops and a midi keyboard or any other controller is just fine.

I watched dudes on youtube handle fruity loops better than dudes with MPC's, MV's reason and so on....What i'm getting at is that one setup doesn't do anything more than the other. The only limitations are the ones that you personally have (you should already know that, as a beat maker).

Everyone loves swing but who needs a machine to control your swing when you can program drums without quantizing.

I would save your money and stick with what you got...If you use Fruity Loops properly, you don't need anything else.

However, if you really want to switch it wouldn't be a bad thing, but i don't think that it's necessary.

DK aka djkmann

I am running into a similar situation. I'm thinking about getting a MPD32, but i've recently found a used MPC2000xl for a fairly good price even though its used. I know the major difference between the MPC & MPD series (one has limitation to only PC and the other non), but how well does the MPC 2000xl perform with a DAW? Is a USB Midi sport interface required if i'm just trying to run it off to a PC? How well are the pads better or worse compared to the MPD32/2500?

Last edited:
I know, but i was considering getting both and some point, but now that i've done some more research, i'm figured out that getting the MPC, will meet my expectations.

Last edited:
FL is too visually distracting. The MPC will force you to listen more to your music and not look at it. The visual takes away 50% of your concentration. That is the number one reason why more hits are made on the MPC. Not only that, but the timing in FL is sloppy compared to the MPC. A friend and I remade a beat that was on FL in the MPC, and he said "for some reason it sounds better." If you do get an MPC, don't get the newer models. Go with the classics, 2000xl and older. New MPCs are crappy and I heard the pads are not as good as the older ones.

Back