MPC 2000 XL vs. MPC 3000 LE

B

Bipartisan

I am seeking to upgrade from my MPC 1000 due to "time stretch" limitations and a few other things and I am selecting between the MPC 2000XL and the MPC 3000 LE,...I have heard that the 3000 gives crisper, crunchier, drums, which is why I could see Dre sticking to it. Can anybody who knows them both well give me the pros and cons of one over the other? It would be very helpful,...I am new to this producing game! Peace

C

I use the MPC 3000LE myself. Mainly because I know longer feel the need to "upgrade". The 3000 like the 4000, has 4 MIDI outputs. So it gives me more connections for sound modules out the box. Plus the 8 outs are standard. I will not go into what sounds the best and you shouldn't either unless you want this thread to go on for a month with no useful info. But..I went from an MPC 2000 to 2000XL to MPC 3000 to MPC 4000 and than to a MPC 3000LE. I actually want my original MPC 3000 back. Sorry, I can't explain why..maybe I'm just sentimental.

The MPC 3000 doesn't have time stretch though. And I don't care much for the time stretch features of the 2000XL. Way to slow for larger sized samples. There is software out there that is reasonably priced that can do the same editing features 10 times as fast as the MPC 2000XL.

BiPartisan;
I am a MPC3000 owner. I love it. Had it since 1996. I agree on the most part with Jahrome. But, if I was buying now, I would probably go for the XL.

The Reasons:
Size and price. .. I'd also add the WAV format as an ease of use feature.

Either way, you get a serious tool. In fact, if I was a 1st time buyer, I'd search out a MPC2000 since they are being slept on and can be copped for as low as $500.

Peace and good luck.

Either way, you get a serious tool. In fact, if I was a 1st time buyer, I'd search out a MPC2000 since they are being slept on and can be copped for as low as $500.

I second this...use the auction links in FP because it helps this site. There is this one cat claiming to be the best used MPC seller in the universe. He can hook you up ;)

jahrome said:

I second this...use the auction links in FP because it helps this site. There is this one cat claiming to be the best used MPC seller in the universe. He can hook you up ;)

eyah but your in asia, makin it hard

jahrome said:
I second this...use the auction links in FP because it helps this site.

Jahrome:

thank you so much for saying this. I really appreciate it.

eyah but your in asia, makin it hard

I guess you didn't read the feedback. %100 positive feedback. 95% US sales. 3-10 delivery. 30 day guarantee. Around the clock email support. Pay Pal money back guarantee...plus, you help this site when you click on the links within it.

There are FP and mPC-tutor members that have made purchases.

Peace.

Your choice of course...the accounts are in the US I must add. American born and raised.

J

...lord forgive me I'm ballin out of control..got the spirit of a hustla pourin out of my soul...

Jigga

Last edited:
Jahrome and all others who replied,...good lookin'out. I actually went with the 2000XL. Somebody mentioned they do not like the time stretch on this machine, and my question is why not? I am taking old soul samples and orchestral soundtracks to adjust pitch and stretch to create what I am hearing, (I have an MV-8000,which I hear has good time stretch, but I am currently travelling and need something with time stretch that is mobile and I haven't been able to get back home and mess around with my MV yet,(that's problably more than you wanted to know), but anyway what is your opinion on the time stretch? Once again this is my first internet chat-info. session and yall were extremely helpful on my first question. I look forward to this "marketplace of producing ideas." Peace

I accidently posted my new thread as a reply all users Jahrome etc....please reference back up a few messages. My bad....thanx. Chris

Jahrome, quick question,...what software can timestretch 10 times as fast and do I have to use computer software (ie. pro tools etc...) to get my work to the computer? Or else how can I go from a sample on the 2000 XL in whatever program? peace

Somebody mentioned they do not like the time stretch on this machine, and my question is why not?

As you know, I am an MPC lover. But the time stretch on the MPC 2000XL is only good for small samples. Try a larger file and you could be waiting for 20 minutes. Fo real...

Awave is an affordable sample editing/conversion program that is reasonably priced. Do an internet search for it. It time stretching is way more powerful than an MPC 2000XL.

If I read you correctly, you say that you have an MV. If that is the case, I would time stretch on that instead. It is down in real-time. I know you said you want something mobile but the MPC 2K is just a little smaller. (hit the gym :o) Just kiddin..

Jahrome, once again good lookin'I will check out that program,...I always shoot for the stars in life and in music, so if I wanted the "arguably" best comp. based sample editing program regardless of the price what programs should I research? Without going into 10's of thousands, if it gets that deep. Thanx...Hopefully one day I'll be able to help you with something, until then your help is appreciated.

peace

C

so if I wanted the "arguably" best comp. based sample editing program regardless of the price what programs should I research?

Steinberg's Wavelab or Sound Forge. There may be older versions out there for sale but the newer versions are $400 and up I believe. I have friends that use Sound Forge that are extremely happy with the power of this editor and sound manipulation tool. There isn't any hardware out there that can do what it does..at the speed that it does. After editing, you can export samples into different formats.

Wavelab is also top of the line. I am more inclined towards Wave Lab since I have already invested money in Steinberg produts..Nuendo 1-3 and the MIDEX MIDI interface.

Check these programs out on th net. You will not be disappointed with these programs...Not only do they edit samples..they also Master your recordings and burn red books spec (industry standard) CDs.

One more thing. I appreciate all the help I have received thus far from this website,.....it is indefinitely "off the chain"!!!!!!!!!!

Back