Mono sample over drums?

Saviour

So i understand with the mpc1000 you need to create a whole song in 1 program so you can covert it and re-record it into the mpc properly to export(correct me if im wrong or theres a better way)? So i lay the drums down in poly, but when i play the sample i need it to be in mono so it doesn't overlap. I know the muting ttrick but it takes forever to get them all set up right. Any easy way to not overlap pads while keeping the program(drum track) poly?

Why not track out? I never have resampled but if you should have enough time to do two programs, then combine in some sort of daw or multitracking program.

I don't recommend what you are doing, purely because some artists will be insistant about getting a session file. If you have a 2 track (or 4 track), that may keep them away. Plus, you have far more ability to mix your track correctly when your individual samples are seperate.

So i understand with the mpc1000 you need to create a whole song in 1 program so you can covert it and re-record it into the mpc properly to export(correct me if im wrong or theres a better way)? So i lay the drums down in poly, but when i play the sample i need it to be in mono so it doesn't overlap. I know the muting ttrick but it takes forever to get them all set up right. Any easy way to not overlap pads while keeping the program(drum track) poly?

It does NOT have to be one program.
You can use any many programs as you need before you convert the song.

Back