!!!!!HELP my MPC2000 freezes when i turn the wheel too fast, HELP!!!!!!

Big J Beats

Big J. Beats
hey everyone,

just as the subject states, when im in the process of makng a beat (especially when I'm chopping) if i spin the jog wheel too fast it will completey freeze up, and if you could imagine getting close to finishing a beat and then that happening before you would get a chance to save it then you should know where im coming from when i ask for help with this...

any suggestions would be greatly appriciated and if anyone has had this problem and fixed it please let me know!!! also, i have the mpc 2000 (not the xl) if that matters,

THANX
BIG J. BEATS

how much ram? and are you chopping samples from the hard drive, the card, or from ram?

try backing up the files on your mpc to and external hard drive... to free up some speace in you mpc.. then, reinstall your mpcs latest operationg system.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Tony_Tone said:
how much ram? and are you chopping samples from the hard drive, the card, or from ram?

try backing up the files on your mpc to and external hard drive... to free up some speace in you mpc.. then, reinstall your mpcs latest operationg system.

hope this helps

im chopping from the ram i believe, i think thats the only place the sample goes in the 2000,

Tony_Tone said:
did u try what I suggested ?

well, there was kind of a problem with what you suggested... on the mpc2000 i have to reinstall the OS every time i turn it on, so basicly i had already been doing that any way, but maybe i misunderstood you, you were talking about the 2000 right? or were you talking about the 1000

let me know what you think
Thanx
Big J. Beats

why would u hav to reinstall the operating system every time u turn it on? if you do.. then you obviously have a more serious problem with it anyway.

Tony_Tone said:
why would u hav to reinstall the operating system every time u turn it on? if you do.. then you obviously have a more serious problem with it anyway.

are you familiar with the 2000? you have to insert a floppy disk with the mpc2000 1.72 O.S. everytime you turn it on, i dont know of any other case that you can avoid that. i think the 2000xl was the first one that you didnt have to do that every time except for the first time, then you could save it on the ram forever.

were you not aware of that or do you know of a way to just do it the once?

let me know?
Big J. Beats

oh nah, I wasn't aware of that.. are you sure that's normal behavior? any how, downloading and installing another operating system prolly wouldn't hurt though

I think thats the first thing im gonna do... if that doesnt help then i think i will change the ram... thanks to all the replied!!!

Big J. Beats

Back