garage band midi question

-slim16-

hey has anyone hear used the midi recording options in garageband? is it any good?

the reason i ask is beacause this is what i will be wusing till i get my mbox and protools. before i used to do everything on cubase or nuendo but switched over to mac a while back and havent been able to get a new daw.

also what do u guys thing would be the best way to hook up an mpc2000xl and a triton classic into my daw. midi+audio

i know a couple of different ways to do it but would apreciate any opinions of which is the best for overall workflow in your experience.

thx..pacman

there's only one way to hook stuff up, output to input. midi out from the mpc/triton to midi in on your interface, audio out from the mpc/triton to audio in on the interface. thats it. i've used Garageband before, pretty simple and straight forward. nothing to it, pick a sound, arm a track, hit record and bang out. why can't you use cubase/nuendo on your mac?
LevLove

i know that......and what i meant was if it might be better to have all midi sequenced to the mpc then a master sent towards garage band

i can use cubase or logic but im watiing till i get protools

thx for the reply tho

Last edited:
No but for the same price as a digi rack you can get a fireface and a few plugins. QUALITY! Not that the digi racks arent I have used the 002 and 003 many times but compared to the firefaces there is a big difference.

Back