FL10 for official mix?

Voodo

I'm trying to make FL10 work for the production of this mix, to incorporate tempo automation in a way that may be impossible for the software. Does anyone have experience with this?

I want to adjust audio cilp tempo without sacrificing pitch and have the automation operate such that a track can, for example, start at 128bpm and over the period of automation slowly increase the bpm to say 140, just like a DJ would do. So far everything I try is some sort of tempo re-rendering, where it reprocesses my audio clip sample and sets it at a higher bpm, or it does something weird where the project tempo changes but the audio clip sounds the same.

I would love to make FL bc I know the software, rather than trying to learn ableton just to produce this project. Thank you

What's the audio clip?

For my tempo changes I use Audacity, its free. All you have to do is import your clip, highlight it all, go up to the effects tab and select 'Change Tempo'. Then all you need to do is put in your original tempo (128) and the final tempo you want (140) and voila, Audacity will do it for you.
Providing the BPM you put in first is definitely correct then Audacity will do the job perfectly - you can then drop the clip into any DAW or workspace you want.

signalfire, thank you for the reply but I'm not sure we're not on the same page. Firstly, audio clips = just the portion of songs I want to play, hence the need for dynamic tempo adjustment (changing current tempo to match cued track). I am able to recreate or re-sample my audio clips in FL, and change the song bpm, pitch, or whatever I want to achieve the audio clip at a different bpm. However, what I am trying to do in FL is what most people use Ableton for. I want to create a DJ mix where the tempo's in the FL project are dynamic. I want to use tempo automation to speed up / slow down songs as a DJ would while playing live. In order to do this, tempo adjustments must be heard after the export; I cannot simply re-sample my clips to a specific bpm and then use it for the project, need to have it change in the .flp and have that change be heard post-render.

I have been holding back on the switch for this project bc my knowledge lies with FL. Here is an example of what I am trying to do https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9B8Y6ZBMVw, but I'm not sure if it's exactly what I need; I have been trying to solve this issue for some time. Thank you

Last edited:
Back