Emagic exs24??

Robban

Ahoy

Have anybody worked with the Soft.-sampler from Emagic called exs24? Is it nice?

Does it steal a lot of computer-power? maybe I should buy a hardware-sampler.. but they are expensive.

Please, help me. Take care..

It's a very good sampler, can compete with hardware stuff qua specs: but as always with pc stuff: you're not sure if it always will be there and working well. Hardware is more reliable!

I would go for the EXS24 anyday. I have actually sold my hardware sampler !

Its great, it has so many benefits over the 'hard' option. I have all my sample library on my computers hard disk, you can audition samples before loading them, use all your VST FX on it, and it loads all your samples with your song.

It' s not too hungry on processing power, no more hungry than some of the better software synths. I can have around 8 EXS24 instruments on my G3 400mhz Mac.( you'll nedd alot of RAM though if 96meg + would be good)

You should check it out !!

(and no i don't work for emagic!!)

aaaahhhh yeah....

ExS24

Is unbelievable. wizoo samples of the Rhodes, piano, strings, drums are ****in brilliant.

ROBBAN_256 Megs of ram in a PC. Not bad. But.. I would go higher..... With the price of pc100/133 ram nowadays
Get another strip or two>

+ you can drop your own single instrument samples
And it keymaps it for you auto..... It’s sweet.

IIAMATIVO_Its not necessary to run esx24 to use logic. It’s just a plug in.....

Solaris 1207_ Yeah me too... I had an EMU e6400/
I was able to equip myself with almost all the vst instruments with the money I made in hardware>

DEltam_ as good if not better.... The filters in the system are rockin.... + A world of plug IN’s to play it through>>>>>>>>

+ On a Mac. No delay. Latency.
EXS24 gets my vote over and over again.

you need Logic Audio/MicroLogic AV 4.0 or higher to use EXS24. If you don't already own logic you may want to look into a hardware sampler. But if you already have logic you can add Exs24 for around 280.00.

Thanks for the info. However, Juno says I don't need Logic and Fitz says I do.

Is it an eMagic proprietary plug-in or VST, or what?

I really believe in the software approach, however, I always want a hardware sampler in my corner to fall back on if necessary or gig with, if necessary.

I recently picked up a hardly used Akai S6000 Studio for dirt cheap. In all honesty, I don't think the Akai S6000 makes any sense on the S-series product line--it's big and bulky (I guess because of the screen and 16 analog outputs--ADAT is the way to go), and you can kit out the smaller S5000 to be just as capable as an S-6000. Furthermore, with the USB option and the Ak.Sys software, you can do better editing through your PC rather than the S6000 screen. Add to it the availability of software samplers and it leaves me wondering what's the point of the S-6000? I think someone at Akai may have shamed themselves.

Still, I couldn't pass up the deal that I got and it's a cool looking box--makes for a good conversation piece with da girlies ("Hey girl, come a little closer and I'll show you what my knob, I mean, that knob does") But I would have never bought it for the $2,800 price tag out of the store.

llamativo.
Just havin' fun! That's what it's all about.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do indeed need logic.

Here is a blurb from www.emagic.de

Minimum system requirements — Windows

Logic Audio/MicroLogic AV 4.0 or higher
Pentium 200
Windows 98
USB requires Windows 98SE/Me
128 MB RAM
Multimedia-compatible soundcard
CDROM drive
More than 256 colors

Fitz,

Thanks for the information. I really like the sounds of EXS24, but I've been leaning towards another platform other than Logic. I'm understand that Logic is extremely capable, but a bit complex to understand. I'm a newbie and need something relatively easy to cut my teeth on. Oh well, I was all ready to buy EXS24 if it worked on other sequencer/plug-in platforms.

Thx,
llamativo.

Back