Do people still use ASR-10?

Inverted314

BOOM BAP OR DIE
Serious question. I've wanted one for a LONG time but I just can't seem to justify if I would be taking a step backwards. I dig the hands on approach, but would it be wise to invest in such an old machine?

Look at it as another toy to make noise with, its obviously not a must have but if you think you would have fun using it to make music then why not go for it?

Last edited:
If you have the money and don't need something else, (i.e. better Preamp, monitors, etc.) then why not? eBay, craigslist. Someone probably has it a good price.

I see them on craigslist all the time for about $200-$300 bucks. If you want to save a few bucks the EPS series are the same thing. I got my EPS for $75 a year and a half ago.

I see them on craigslist all the time for about $200-$300 bucks. If you want to save a few bucks the EPS series are the same thing. I got my EPS for $75 a year and a half ago.

The thing im not sure about is, I've been modernized in my music making, and losing things like USB connection seems like it may be more terror then good. They just seem so cool though. I got rid of all my hardware and am starting from scratch and just don't know what to jump into anymore.

Its all about whats important and not important in the end. USB connectivity is not a big thing to me. I mainly use the computer for audio editing and mixing. I do everything else on the hardware pretty much

Allah Mathematics
Kanye
Timbo
Neptunes
RZA (Think it's still in his studio)
Dirt Revel
Vinroc
Evidence (I think)
Alchemist got rid of his around "Return of the Mac" & got an MPC 1000

Allah Mathematics
Kanye
Timbo
Neptunes
RZA (Think it's still in his studio)
Dirt Revel
Vinroc
Evidence (I think)
Alchemist got rid of his around "Return of the Mac" & got an MPC 1000
Does Kanye even make beats anymore? and it should be mentioned he used it with a MPC 2000. Timbo been gave up on his ASR10. The Neptunes gave up their asr10 a few years ago. I would be very surprised if RZA still used his ASR10. And I thought Alc got a 2500. I see him on youtube with 2500s Ive never seen him wtih a 1000. Overall it really doesn't matter what you use. If you do use an ASR or an EPS get yourself a solid sequencer to go with it. These machines are powerful and are great for chopping samples and sound great too but the sequencers tend to be booty. A lot of people used to use them with MPCs to sequence. A lot of brave people just dealt with the sequencer on the Ensoniq.

Back